Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Body waste!

Forum Member

Default Body waste!

Yup....body waste, I just can't seem to get rid of mine!
    I have always been a regular everyday type of guy, but since I've been back on the HD I'm going approx every 3-4 days.
    Just lately I'm feeling bloated, occasionally nauseous.
    I only have breakfast and tea (no lunch)
    This is a typical daily intake:
    Brk: 4 eggs scrambled, 4 rashers of bacon, sometimes with tomatoes (all cooked in microwave)
    Tea: belly pork slices, roasted veg, or salad (or a little of both-sometimes neither)
    I may have some Greek yoghurt (live bio) and sometimes with berries.
    I'll snack on raw carrots, or a square or two of 90% chocolate
    I drink mainly Earl Grey tea obviously no milk or sugar, occasionally decaf coffee once again no milk or sugar. I don't drink as much water as I should, but I've always got the fridge stocked up with sparkling water.
    My weight seems to have stuck at 16st 1lb, and I'm determined to break the 16st barrier, as it's one of my goals, but I'm concerned about this waste issue.
    Would laxatives help, or not recommended on the diet?
    Any ideas would be helpful.

Supermember 2010-14 hattie the cattie's Avatar

Why are you only having 2 meals a day - are you eating enough ?
    For the other problem, people swear variously by more fat, more fluids, Vitamin C tablets, magnesium.
    But your body has less waste to get rid of so you will "go" less naturally.

Try a search for constipation, it must be the most common question on this forum (after what sort of NLY can I have ?) !.
    See my Visitor Messages for more about me & My Album for photos

Id try to have a few more veg with the meat. Also I'd definitely have tomatoes with every breakfast ( mushrooms too )

I'd leave out the chocolate, and drink more, whether it's tea, coffee or sparkling water ( Sparkling water is best I think / drink more )

I think it'll sort itself out soon enough, and I think you are eating ok even with the two meals because I bet your meals are very LARGE.( 4 eggs and 4 rashers should last you ages ) If you're not hungry then the two meals would be ok I think. Otherwise have three ( if you want )

Supermember 2010-14 Marie Smith's Avatar

1000mg vit c should sort you out. Definitely some more veg should keep you ticking over.
    Marie x on my way, size 12's here I come...

Forum Member

Thanx ladies x

Ghent, Belgium (born USA - UK nationalilty through marriage)

Water is very important for the body to function. I would make sure you drink at least 1 and a half litres of water per day.

AllyNG
    Visitor

Default So glad someone asked this question!

I've been on THD since 5th Sept and lost 2 stone. before then I supposedly, for over 20 years, had IBS, with constant loose stools and many visits to the toilet per day particularly after eating!

THD has shown me that I most likely did NOT have IBS for half my life but in fact had food intolerances!!!

I now however have the opposite and don't go very often at all, as in maybe not for three days! Very nice in some respects compared to how my life was for so many years before, but I feel bloated too sometimes.

I drink loads.......... I have always drunk Spk water and at least 2 litres a day, not bothered by tea and really don't like coffee so basically have 2 litres water a day, or more, and the odd cup of tea. I eat loads of veg, salads every day, and some cooked veg.

I have now started taking senna as it does feel right in my body if I have not 'been' but was wondering too if this is Ok as surely should not be taking laxatives on any sort of regular basis? !!

I would try Vitamin C rather than senna.

AllyNG
    Visitor

How much Vit c - I take multi vits and mineals daily anyway, what amount of Vit C is ideal do you know?

[QUOTE=Marie Smith;223468]1000mg vit c should sort you out. Definitely some more veg should keep you ticking over. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=AllyNG;223980]How much Vit c - I take multi vits and mineals daily anyway, what amount of Vit C is ideal do you know? [/QUOTE]

Start at 1000mg, if that doesn't work, try some more.