Thread: Graze boxes?

Default Graze boxes?

Hi all

Just new to Harcombe and traditionally during busy times in work I will order a graze box for the week.
    I know it's not true to the principals but they are very handy for my desk and more practical. Any advice on how evil or acceptable they may be?

Aquarius
    Visitor

it really depends what you chose to put in your graze box. And you will find that the need to snack diminishes to nothing quite quickly once you get into this way of eating. I would save your money for a decent piece of belly pork

I agree with Aquarius. Graze boxes are expensive, what you get in each portion is not enormous really, but most of the snacks in there will increase your insulin levels, so are not good at all.

If you feel you need to snack, you're probably not having large enough meals, so increase the size and fat content of your meals. And if you do that and still feel the need to snack, have a good fatty piece of meat, as Aquarius suggests, or something like chicken thighs/drumsticks with the skin on, or a hard boiled egg, - it will fill you up much better.

I used to get these but think they reinforce the grazing idea, so stopped them. Would rather have a big bag of nuts in one go if I really want them. Also they put too much dried fruit in everything

Supermember 2010-14 hattie the cattie's Avatar

You really should be aiming to eat 3 meals a day so I wouldn't bother with them.
    See my Visitor Messages for more about me & My Album for photos

[QUOTE=hattie the cattie;227146]You really should be aiming to eat 3 meals a day so I wouldn't bother with them.[/QUOTE]

+1 for that.

Also, if you had your graze boxes for a long time, it might have become a habit to constantly pop something in your mouth. So it could be an automatic action rather than real hunger.

Hi Evilgenius (brilliant moniker btw), but sorry to rain on your parade, but it is the complete opposite of everything this way of eating is about. It's about reducing insulin levels so that less fat is stored. Grazing throughout the day is keeping them high. Plus it's about not mixing high carb with fat (dried fruits high carb, nuts, equal fat and carb = MIXING). Once you been on this for a while, you will see most manufacturers/retailers ploys to get you to eat 'conveniently' will start waving huge red flags. They're not interested in your health, they're interested in shifting product. This is just another one.

+1 to real food friendly ideas submitted previously.

If you have to get convenience food, get tinned fish, that you can just store in your drawer with a plastic fork; a ready made salad and bring your own dressing in and keep that in a jar in your desk, leftover dinner last night (stored in the fridge) just heat up. There are lots of convenient options that you can investigate.

Say "no" to grazing but "hello big boy", to 3 big meals!

Agreed- graze boxes for me used to trigger cravings and binge-y eating. It's another example of manufacturers wrapping things up as healthy when they often aren't. Dried fruit is basically sugar in terms of the impact it has on your body for example. The biggest change I have made - and I still find it hard as I am programmed not to think this way- is to have three substantial meals and no snacks. I'd honestly not bother with these!

To paraphraes Zoe (sorry Zoe) If you want to be the size of a cow - carry on grazing!!