Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Overeat?

Aquarius
    Visitor

I am trying to order it but have had to email [email protected] as it is adding 7.70 shipping cost! Had the same problem last year - must be a glitch between me and them

I have it in my kindle

I read 'Stop Counting Calories' with a growing sense of 'eureka!' - it finally made sense. I have just received my copy of 'Why do you overeat?' and will read it over the weekend.

[QUOTE=MrsDaddy;227755]I heard about THD on Monday from a woman at work and ordered 'Why Do You Overeat' after doing some research on Zoe and the diet in general. Tonight I came to bed early to start reading it and I have been in tears for the last hour! I consider myself to be a confident, vivacious and intelligent woman but since I hit puberty I have been having a constant battle with myself, hating myself, at points hurting myself and finally, FINALLY, I realise that I am not alone. I am not stupid or weak or greedy or disgusting. I am so excited to start my new life. Thank you Zoe : )[/QUOTE]

The media and medical 'knowledge' have taught us to hate ourselves - THEY ARE WRONG!! You are a 'confident, vivacious and intelligent woman' - they have tried to disempower you.
    The biggest lesson I have learned in my first week on THD is from the Forum -Together We Stand.
    So glad you are standing with us!!

Welcome to THD!

[QUOTE=MrsDaddy;227755FINALLY, I realise that I am not alone. I am not stupid or weak or greedy or disgusting. I am so excited to start my new life. Thank you Zoe : )[/QUOTE]

YES, YES, YES!!! It's a wonderful revelation, isn't it?!!

Welcome!

Ahoy and welcome aboard the good ship Harcombe ... time to stop beating yourself up and start enjoying great food and great support right here in this forum ... I doubt there isn't a single person here who hasn't experienced exactly how you feel myself included! ... may your journey be enlightening and fun packed

Aquarius
    Visitor

[QUOTE=Karolina;227900]I have it in my kindle [/QUOTE]

I don't like reference books on kindle (unless they are free!). I like to be able to flick through them after I have read them - and use sticky tabs on the interesting and useful bits.

What wonderful words Caroline P! Mrs Daddy you are definitely not alone, so nice to have you on the forum and I wish you all the best!

Thank you all for your kind responses! Diet book and recipie book will be here by 1pm tomorrow (according to Amazon!) and food shop will be done for delivery on Tuesday when I get paid. Off to buy a tape measure tomorrow as I am keen to keep track of inch loss as well as weight loss as I play Roller Derby so am thinking inch loss will be the best to focus on. Also quit smoking on the first so this is a VERY EXCITING TIME!! Feeling very positive and rearing to get going : )

Also....can anyone tell me how I can add a photo to my profile? Can't find the link in 'My Profile' tab. Thanks in advance!