Thread: What am i doing wrong!!!!!! Please help

tinkerbell
    Visitor

Default What am i doing wrong!!!!!! Please help

been on the diet for two weeks had 5lb loss in first week. went on to phase two and have been really good, but no loss what might i have done wrong have not eaten wheat as this is a problem for me, if i have a pot its a jacket with salad and natural low fat cottage cheese, other wise i have meat and veg. decaf tea with skimmed milk, no fizzy drinks only water im loosing my motivation!!!!!!!

Hi Tinkerbell -

Chances are; you are doing nothing wrong - Weigh-loss isn't an exact science. We have all had it drilled into us that we will lose weight in a steady manner if we do this, this and this. It is simply not the case - Our bodies will lose the weight when they want to.

I know it can be demotivating having a plateau - for some inspiration maybe watch the 'Plateau video' on the main page or read some of Melissa's blog entries.

I have been plateauing now for around a few weeks and I know that following this diet; I am giving my body the nourishment it needs - The alternatives don't bear thinking about - I could not go back to eating junk food now, knowing what I now know - For me, that would be foolhardy!

Hope some of this helps.

Mat
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Hi there Tinkerbell,
    Mat is right, it is not an exact science. I have been stuck now since February so believe me I know how demotivating it can be, most people will come to a plateau at some point and its how you deal with it that really matters, In the past I have failed because as soon as I hit a plateau I throw the towel in ,or jump on board another diet , but I would rather stay the same weight for a while and enjoy eating food that is good for me and feeling healthy , than I would eat low calorie junk and put all the weight back on . stick with it , if anyone knows how you feel its me .. like Mat suggests look at the plateau video and read my journey through my blogs, you are not alone and you are not doing anything wrong .

Melissa x
    Melissa - Fell off the wagon- trying to get back on track!!

tinkerbell
    Visitor

thanks i appreciate your help, i just didnt think i would come to a stand still two weeks into diet, as i have about five stone to loose. will try to keep going till same time next week and hope i shift a pound or so this week!!!

I was like you. Great weight loss phase 1 then came to a standstill on phase 2. Finally now, I am starting to lose weight. It has taken my body 8 weeks to get used to this new way of eating, and I consider myself lucky compared to alot of people on here. I didnt have a history of going from one diet to another, so really my body didnt have much to get used to. I have tried "fat" weeks and I've not cheated (until recently), so please don't worry. You will get there. As Mat says, could you go back to eating rubbish food now? It's worth hanging in there for!
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

tinkerbell
    Visitor

oh my god how did you carry on for eight weeks with out loosing any weight i would be so demotivated just a pound off would see me right, well done to you you must be a very strong willed person

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    thanks i appreciate your help, i just didnt think i would come to a stand still two weeks into diet, as i have about five stone to loose. will try to keep going till same time next week and hope i shift a pound or so this week!!!
    I started off with 7 stone to lose lLast July and in the first 5 days I lost 8lbs and was over the moon, but over the next 2 weeks on phase 2 I put on 2lbs and was devastated, It turned out that I had been having too much dairy, so I cut down on dairy and changed cows milk for goats milk, cheese and yoghurt and then I started losing weight again .
    Melissa - Fell off the wagon- trying to get back on track!!

BeccaClare
    Visitor

It is intresting regarding the cows milk, because i suffered really bad stomach cramps when i introduced dairy back into my diet! Think i'll try the goats when i'm back on phase 2!

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    oh my god how did you carry on for eight weeks with out loosing any weight i would be so demotivated just a pound off would see me right, well done to you you must be a very strong willed person
    I actually lost a pound, then plateaued, then lost a pound, then gained a pound, then plateaued etc etc. Now for two weeks running I've lost 2 pounds a week. I havent done anything differently, I just figured my body has worked itself out now!
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman