Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NLY - same as natural yogurt???

samcollihole
    Visitor

Default NLY - same as natural yogurt???

Hi i was wondering if NLY is the same as Natural Yogurt?

I have tried Natural Yougurt today, and found it way to sour, only ate one mouthful, didnt like that at all lol

Anybody know if its the same?

Plus if it isnt, where can i get NLY?

Hey there!
    Natural yoghurt basically refers to it having nothing added in, and being in it's natural state. If you are used to having something like Total, which is actually greek yoghurt, then natural yoghurt will taste sour to you. Natural yoghurt is only Natural Live Yoghurt if in the ingredients it says it contains live yoghurt cultures. Otherwise I have found that they taste pretty similar in my experience, and it is more the difference between brands than the difference between live and non-live that I have noticed.

Hope that helps. X

Quote Originally Posted by samcollihole View Post
    Hi i was wondering if NLY is the same as Natural Yogurt?

I have tried Natural Yougurt today, and found it way to sour, only ate one mouthful, didnt like that at all lol

Anybody know if its the same?

Plus if it isnt, where can i get NLY?
    I personally prefer the st helens goats NLY it has a much creamier flavour and is not as sour as cows milk, I also add some cinnamon or mixed spice to it or some coconut milk ( all very good for candida) when I first did phase 1 last year I kept gagging on the cows NLY just could not stomach it , but I soon got used to the goats yoghut I get it from sainsbury's :-)
    Melissa - Fell off the wagon- trying to get back on track!!

My friend Ruth (If you read this Ruth - Get posting!!!!!) Eats the 'Rachel's NLY'. I haven't had it but apparently is is really creamy and delicious!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Hi Sam

It's Faye. The Rachels one is really nice. They sell it in sainsburys i found it in the armada centre one last time i was down. Even my kids like it with Berries so it must be ok lol (berries are phase 2). Watch which version you pick up because one has added sugar.

samcollihole
    Visitor

Hi, thanks for answering my questions.

Lird - i have never tried any live yogurts before, so its all new to me lol, thank you for helping

Melissa - Will try St Helens, see if thats any better, i was gagging on the one i had yesterday, only had one spoonful - yuk lol, thank you

Mat - Will try Rachels thank you

samcollihole
    Visitor

Hi Faye, nice to see you Will pop over to sainsburys and see what it is like.

Must be nice if the kids eat it, if they are anything like me they are awkward with food

How are you doing so far?

Hi Sam

I'm good. Bit ill today my get up and go has got up and gone but getting through. Think it was the bit of cake i had that Megan made at school yesterday. She stood there and watched me eat it there was no getting out of it. My oldest is a right fussy little madam and she loves the Rachels NLY.

samcollihole
    Visitor

Hi Faye

Oh dear not good, my get up and go, left years ago lol

That sounds so much like what my kids would do, i usually tell them, its ok...you eat it lol

Must be good then, will def try and find it

Forum Guest

Hi, is FAGE Toal 0% a good NLY? If not what is and where can I get it? (I'm a real newbie to this) Thanks Mike