Thread: Starting Monday, can I have lemon?

Default Starting Monday, can I have lemon?

Hi all, I am starting Phase 1 on Monday 4 Feb and would like to know if I can have lemon in drinks, or use it in cooking. I always start my day with hot water with a splash of Jif lemon, and like to use lemon wedges when cooking. Thanks.

I would leave off the jif lemon - it is concentrated lemon juice and has preservative in it. A slice of lemon in some water to give it a little flavour will not be a problem - but lemon should not be a major ingredient in your daily meals as it is still a fruit!

[QUOTE=nicki2cat;235769]Hi all, I am starting Phase 1 on Monday 4 Feb and would like to know if I can have lemon in drinks, or use it in cooking. I always start my day with hot water with a splash of Jif lemon, and like to use lemon wedges when cooking. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Also, not entirely sure but I think hot lemon isn't very good for your teeth because of the acid so I wouldn't overdo it for that reason too.

Ok thanks, will stick to a slice in my drinks. I didn't think you could have lemon but it is listed as an ingredient in the 'Why do you overeat?' book, in a list of meal ideas for phase 1, (roast chicken with garlic or lemon & veg) so I though maybe it was ok!

I know its bad for teeth but I only normally have the one mug and can't start the day without it!

Can't wait to start now!

Have just bought some decaf herbal teas including lemon, which I will have instead! Thanks for the advice.

Good luck!

Runtara
    Visitor

Lemon & ginger teabags are lovely. Good luck for your 1st week.
    Jo