Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: good start

Default good start

I finished phase 1 today and lost nearly 9 lbs! I still have 3 stone to go but not a bad start. I found it quite easy to stick to and only had mild headaches by late afternoon. I only discovered the Harcombe diet last week and have now read all the books and got my hubby the one for men, like the takeaway option section in that by the way, really usefull. I'm not sure what foods will be problematic so going to take it slow, haven't really missed bread or potatoes so happy to leave them out for a while yet. What's the best toppings for a baked potato when I do take the plunge?

Well done on the 9lbs, that's brilliant!!
    Good luck and welcome to a new way of life

cherish
    Visitor

Well done on your 'good' start! I would say it was a brilliant one!

Ratatouille or veg chilli always make nice Carb toppings for baked potato when you are ready to try.

Supermember 2010-14 hattie the cattie's Avatar

That's a fantastic start well done.
    Good idea to take it slowly, have a read of the Phase 2 sticky if you haven't already.
    See my Visitor Messages for more about me & My Album for photos

Well done ... not just a good start - it's a great start!

That's fantastic! Well done.

Well done on a brilliant start CheekyKel x

Fantastic result so far, well done.

On the odd occasion i've had a jacket potato I've enjoyed cottage cheese on mine (must be very low fat) , with a bit of salad on the side, but I bet i've only had 2 or 3 in 7 months of following THD.

Thanks everyone, just been to kids bday party and was very good, I know its very early days but I really feel as if I will be able to stick to this, have the same mindset as when I gave up smoking 5 years ago. My only hiccup may be alcohol, I am used to having one or even two bottles of white or rose sparkly wine at the weekend.Any tips

I like my wine too but was cutting back before I started THD anyway. I used to drink half a bottle most days!!
    I keep sparkling water at hand to sip on and don't buy whole bottles of wine unless is a special occasion, just a small one if I fancy it. Last night I had one of the one glass sized bottles with my steak - that way I wasn't tempted to drink 'the rest of the bottle so it doesn't go to waste'. If its not in the house, I can't drink it!!