Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extended Phase 1 for a veggie

Default Extended Phase 1 for a veggie

Hi there,

After reading the first few chapters of the new book, I think I really could do with extending my phase 1, with no mixing. Need to lose 4 stone, and am certain I have some pretty big intolerances to wheat and sugar. Had a binge at the week end and although Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday went fine, really struggling again today with cravings!

So............... I need as many phase 1 veggie ideas as possible. (I am trying to eat fish now, and have got on OK with salmon and cod!) I'm very unadventurous as a cook, so need to get my thinking cap on. Will go through recipes in the book again, but would be good to have some other new ideas.

Many thanks, as ever

Liz
    x

eatdonthoola
    Visitor

How about an egg fried rice stir fry (using cauliflower rice so it's not mixing). You can throw in whatever vegetables you like.

Pea & mint soup is always nice
    Stuffed peppers

Oh yes - never tried the califlower rice. Thats a great one I can do for all the family. They love stir fries. Like the sound of that soup too. I used to do the stuffed peppers when I first started THD (back in 2011). Not done them recently, and I loved them. Thanks for the reminder.

Had a quick skim through the recipes in the new book for the extended phase 1 part. There are some great new ideas. Better start being a bit more handy in the kitchen.

Thanks Liz
    x

Roasted Ratatouille - I tweak this a bit - more oil than stated, plus a little Balsamic vinegar and tomato puree as a dressing (I'm sure cider vinegar would work in phase 1). I also like mine quite charred! I also don't peel the tomatoes (life is too short). This is really nice too, but anchovies might be a bit brave if you are just starting to eat fish again. And I sometimes have a plate of asparagus with hollandaise sauce, especially now it is in season!

Aquarius
    Visitor

I love poached eggs with Hollandaise sauce, and ratatouille made without oil can be used as a base for all sorts of meals. Add chilli powder and kidney beans to serve with rice, paprika for goulash (good with spuds on Phase 2), curry spices and lentils or chickpeas for a curry to serve with rice (I think you can have beans and lentils on P1).

I do think an extended Phase 1 is a good idea. I did 28+ days a couple of years ago and felt fantastic at the end of it - and I lost a stone

I like the sound of both of those recipes - thanks!

Yes, I think an extended phase 1 would be really good for me. Are you veggie Aquarius? its just getting organised to keep the variety isn't it?

Have a good day.

Liz
    x
    Last edited by lizinfrance; 10th May 2013 at 07:58 AM.

Aquarius
    Visitor

Not veggie Liz, but I was for 8 years about 20 years ago. I won't tell you what I ate yesterday but I helped keep British meat farmers in profit

Ha ha that made me chuckle!!

I must admit I have days where I think, no in fact I know, that it would be easier and better for me to eat meat. I am trying fish now, so who knows? Been nearly 30 years now though!

Liz
    x

My best friend was veggie for 25 years, and her body suddenly told her enough was enough and now she just loves rare steak! Zoe is also a convert!

Aquarius
    Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by lizinfrance View Post
    Ha ha that made me chuckle!!

I must admit I have days where I think, no in fact I know, that it would be easier and better for me to eat meat. I am trying fish now, so who knows? Been nearly 30 years now though!

Liz
    x
    I can remember saying to the husband 'shall we just try a bit of chicken? I can't imagine ever eating steak again though.' We had steak within 3 days of eating that bit of chicken