Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aaargh Carb lunch just not 'hit the spot!'

Default Aaargh Carb lunch just not 'hit the spot!'

Hi there,

Trying an extended Phase 1 (am veggie). Had a brown rice salad last night, omlette and courgettes sauted in butter for breakfast, and just finished a rice salad again for lunch. However, I feel soooo hungry still, and I know I am going to struggle this afternoon. Before starting the extended phase 1 (altho only on Day 5), I very rarely had carb meals. Tended to stick to one egg for breakfast, cheese for lunch, then fish for tea. Guess carb meals are not great for me.

Sorry rambling..............my question is what should I do now to avoid snacking on something bad this afternoon?

Thanks,

Liz
    x

eatdonthoola
    Visitor

Have you thought about throwing some chickpeas into your rice salad once you go to phase 2 - this would fill you up better

Mmmm that would be nice. Funny enough, not eaten chickpeas for ages, but cooked some falafels for the kids yesterday and they loved them. Thanks,

Liz
    x

PS my stomach is literally gurgling with hunger and I ate a really big bowl of rice salad! Going to have to keep really busy to avoid slipping this afternoon.

If you've just finished your salad and you know you're not going to last until tea time then I'd suggest you have a carb snack and then leave the 3/4 hour gap until tea time ?

I'm not great with carb meals either - I had a huuuuge plate of harcombe-friendly chips last night and about an hour later I was feeling a bit peckish.... but if I have a fat meal I can last 8 hours without even thinking of snacking...

Thanks Roxyroo. Having carb 'fog' as well I think!!! Struggling to think of a quick carb snack! I ate about 12.30, so am going to try to keep busy and keep going, and have a boiled egg at 4 before I pick my son up from school! Going to have to look back in the book for more fat veggie phase 1 ideas. Fear I may become egg bound tho!!!

Thanks,

Liz
    x

eatdonthoola
    Visitor

What about making some mayo for homemade coleslaw for your fat lunches - goes lovely with egg salad and tuna nicoise

I dont' think I would cope with a carb lunch now - i can cope with porridge for breakfast, and on the rare occasions I have them a carb tea is ok if I have it late enough - but i know I would struggle at lunchtime!

Mayo is my saviour - really helps to make a salad more filling

Quote Originally Posted by lizinfrance View Post
    Fear I may become egg bound tho!!!
    I've never eaten so many eggs in my life....but the body seems to cope with it fine... I do take Vitamin C though to keep things 'moving' ....

Aquarius
    Visitor

If you eat carbs again you will just want more a bit later. It's what carbs do!

Try to stick it out for 3 hours with the help of some peppermint tea or decaff coffee and then have something fat - but not over the top. If you can wait 4 hours so much the better.