Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phase One - Here I go (again)!

Ghent, Belgium (born USA - UK nationalilty through marriage)

Default Phase One - Here I go (again)!

After a fortnight of travel and eating whatever has come my way it is time to buckle down and get my eating habits under control. I am going to try and do an extended Phase 1 starting tomorrow and I hope by posting my daily success will keep me on the straight and narrow. I have read the new book and am motivated by everyone's comments and Zoe's writing.

I was in Crete for 6 days where we ate more or less healthily but with desserts. Then this week we had a 2 day dash up to Leeds and back for my father in law's funeral, followed by a 4 day holiday around Northern France. No grazing or snacking between meals but croissants for breakfast and fantastic meals at lunch and dinner. Most days I had desserts and bread. I enjoyed it all but I dread getting on the scales tomorrow morning. I have 3 clear weeks before anymore trips so I hope to keep dairy (except NLY as breakfast) and wheat off the menu during that time.

I need your support but am feeling motivated and I know I just have to take each day one at a time. Back to the motivational red crosses.

Glad you enjoyed your travels and meals, sis! Good luck with your extended Phase 1. I'll be checking back here on your progress and will try to offer support when needed. You'll feel so much better once you clear the wheat and dairy and sugar! The best advice I can give now is to make sure you have enough of the right foods on hand before you begin.
    It is said that truth passes through 3 stages: First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, itís accepted as being self-evident.

Hi Priscilla I am restarting tomorrow with an extended phase 1 too so maybe we can hlep each other along .

Here is my plan for day 1

Breakfast

50 g oats and NLY yogurt

Lunch

shepherds pie with carrot and swede mash

Dinner
    Roast chicken and Gammon
    Carrots
    sugar snap peas
    one parsnip

Have some olives to snack on if necessary or crudites

Thanks Peapod and Tess. I hope to keep snack free to allow my body to raid my fat stores for energy. Another thing I plan to try to do is to have at least a good half hour fast walk every day after lunch.
    Meal plan for tomorrow is 200gms NLY for breakfast, duck and cabbage for lunch, tuna salad or eggs for dinner.

WE CAN DO THIS!

You can do it Priscilla.

I'm starting afresh today (decided not to wait till tomorrow - even though we all know diets start n a Monday!)

I'm doing a clean p2 - limiting dairy to skim milk twice a week for my muesli.

Have a good week.

Ruthie

Forum Guest

Hello all, I am new to this, I started a week ago on phase 1 and suprised myself at how little I wanted to eat, however after four days I was eating very little as I just did not fancy it, but did allow myself 2-3 glasses of white wine....will start again today..I have just signed up as an online member today, really hoping this may help..I like the advice of making sure the right foods are in the cupboard before starting!

Aquarius
    Visitor

I am on day 11 of Phase 1 Priscilla and am really feeling the benefits. I have a lot of weight to lose and it has certainly kick started that again. And I love the simple foods too - no trying to get complicated in the kitchen, just plain cooked meat and veg or salad. Easy peasy

Good luck

Runtara
    Visitor

Good luck all of you, I'll be reading of your progress with interest.

Aquarius - my OH said last night that he liked the simplicity of the meal we had last night: cod cooked in chopped celery, leeks, red pepper homemade chicken stock with a dash of single cream. Served on a bed of brown rice. No herbs or flavourings of any sort - and it is quite refreshing to do this for a change. My younger DS swamps everything in chili or curry powder!

I said I'd use this thread to keep me on track which means being truthful. Today has turned into a phase 2 day, so will begin phase 1 tomorrow. I had 100gms fresh strawberries with my NLY this morning and then made the duck with plum sauce from the recipe book which I ate. I also had a cup of decaf tea with a splash of milk. Tonight I want to finish off a bit of lovely cheese I brought back from Normandy as well as the last of the strawberries so easy does it and a proper phase one from tomorrow.
    Thanks for all your support. I hope by next weekend I will see some benefits.