Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Phase 1 - again!

My meals are going to be a bit boring this week as will probably have the same dinner for the next few days but as it is something I love I have no problem with it.

I work 3 12 to 13 hour days tuesday, wednesday and thursday so need to pretty much take all 3 meals with me, next weekend I will cook a few different harcombe friendly meals and freeze them so there is a bit more variety.

Cooking a jalfrezi in a minute and that will probably be dinner for the next few days, hubby always eats home made frozen ready meals on my long days but there is nothing in the freezer that is both harcombe friendly and I like LOL (lots of beef dishes and i only like beef if it is minced)

So tomorrows menu is mostly all packed and ready to go

B oats and yog
    L eggs, mayo, crudite
    D Jalfrezi over grated courgettes
    full fat nly

Quote Originally Posted by Tess47 View Post
    Eva I do a boot camp workout in the park called British Military Fitness I love watching dancers but have no sense of rhythm

Sorry to interrupt the conversation here but how do you find the BMF without eating carbs? I had a really really bad day one day and it's really put me off :-( like you I thought I would hate it but actually loved it, but the shaky, weak feeling ruined my confidence

Quote Originally Posted by stacey27 View Post
    Sorry to interrupt the conversation here but how do you find the BMF without eating carbs? I had a really really bad day one day and it's really put me off :-( like you I thought I would hate it but actually loved it, but the shaky, weak feeling ruined my confidence
    I know Tess will pitch in with this as I don't know as much about BMF. I can only say that I have a protein meal/snack before I do my Zumba which is an hour of non-stop dancing (based on interval training so very fast track, then a slower one etc) and was told to have a carb snack after if I felt I needed it. That's what works for me. Did you eat enough before you did the BMF session Stacey? (obviously not right before!)

Quote Originally Posted by Eva Davies View Post
    I know Tess will pitch in with this as I don't know as much about BMF. I can only say that I have a protein meal/snack before I do my Zumba which is an hour of non-stop dancing (based on interval training so very fast track, then a slower one etc) and was told to have a carb snack after if I felt I needed it. That's what works for me. Did you eat enough before you did the BMF session Stacey? (obviously not right before!)
    I hadn't had anything to eat - just a butter coffee. Probably number 1 fail right there.

But then again, plenty of people exercise first thing in the morning without eating don't they?

Maybe BMF is just too intense to do that? There's a lot of sprinting, push ups/sit ups, burpees, running etc etc, very high intensity. It's just what to eat beforehand to get the best out of a workout.

Hi Stacey as long as I have eaten well I have no problem working out on thd have only done a few Bmf sessions on Bmf but have done lots of running and even a half marathon. I do eat oats most days for breakfast .

Hope that helps .

I know there are other people on the forum run on just fat meals (dean for one )

An oberservation - the first time I did Phase 1 in Sept 2011 I actually took to my bed on Day 2 as I felt so awful and posted that I think I may have to abandon P1 at this time as I thought I had got flu or a virus - I had never had the symptoms before. The wise heads on the Forum, Mat in particular had to gently advise me that I was actually experiencing a natural reaction to all the toxins leaving my body! This time I have planned my work week (I run my own business) so that I did not have to see clients or have any site meetings etc in case I felt wobbly. Well I am the total opposite - no impact yet and I am loud active self! Wonder if this means that I am not as toxic as I used to be!

Left over roast lamb and veggies for breakfast
    Roasted chicken wings and salad for lunch
    Lamb chops, cauli mash, courgette fried in butter, steamed broccoli for dinner

Drinks - herbal teas, Adams Ale (water - in case anyone thought I was hitting the booze) decaf black tea

My meals are going to be a bit boring this week as will probably have the same dinner for the next few days but as it is something I love I have no problem with it.

I work 3 12 to 13 hour days tuesday, wednesday and thursday so need to pretty much take all 3 meals with me, next weekend I will cook a few different harcombe friendly meals and freeze them so there is a bit more variety.

Cooking a jalfrezi in a minute and that will probably be dinner for the next few days, hubby always eats home made frozen ready meals on my long days but there is nothing in the freezer that is both harcombe friendly and I like LOL (lots of beef dishes and i only like beef if it is minced)

So tomorrows menu is mostly all packed and ready to go

B oats and yog
    L eggs, mayo, crudite
    D Jalfrezi over grated courgettes
    full fat nly
    Hiya Tess - did everything go to plan today? Are you set for Wednesday?

Quote Originally Posted by Priscilla View Post
    Hi Eva, I am also re visiting phase 1. Let's hold each other's hands.
    How are you getting on Priscilla - are things going to plan?

Glad you are feeling better this time Eva . I did well yesterday but so far ok today but I am starving :-(

Glad you are feeling better this time Eva . I did well yesterday but so far ok today but I am starving :-(
    Just posted you about that on your entry!