Thread: Caffine

Natasha71
    Visitor

Question Caffine

I am on day 3 of Phase 1 and have been as good as gold. I feel tired and lethargic today but the headaches from yesterday have gone.

My question is ......I normally drink decaff coffee with a touch of milk so not hard to give that up, but I have found a delicious herbal (??) tea 'Organic white tea and Elderflower' BUT ...i have suddenly realised that this is probably not decaff.......? I have had two cups, one yesterday and one today....... Have I scupperd my weight loss?

Also, I notice on here that people are doing Phase 1 for a lot more than 5 days. I would say in reality that I have about 2 stone to lose, should I do that same or stick to the 5 days as this is my first go.

I wouldn't worry too much - stop it for now, as in the long run it won't help, and will obviously keep you craving caffeine. I'm sure the odd one here and there won't be too terrible. If you get to the end of p1 and you are still craving anything, then stick wtih it, or if you want to stay on it anyway that is fine. I'm sure you will still have a great p1 weight loss!

Dont worry too much about the tea but perhaps you need to find an alternative for future.
    I only ever did phase 1 for 5 days. I've never redone it BUT I knew what my problems were (wheat and caffeine) and I've never gone back to eating them. I think the current thinking is to stick with phase 1 for as long as it takes to kick any intolerances or cravings but to stop the "mixing" element if you intend to carry on with it. It is ultimately the non mixing aspect of THD that encourages the best weight loss.

Natasha71
    Visitor

Ooo ..i am confused now. 'mixing element' whats that? Is is the non mixing of fat and carb? surely this is no problem as the only carb you can have is the brown rice? or am I getting this mixed up?

I dont really crave caffine as I dont really like it, but I do like the taste of nice coffee ...what I hate is the head rush and increased pulse and silly thoughts I get after I have had it. I dont notice caffine in Tea in the same way?

The two things I am missing are fruit and wine !!

In the initial phase 1 you are allowed a daily serving of brown rice or oats. You can still have them on the extended version but you should make sure that the rest of the meal is also carb. Sorry if I've confused anyone.