Thread: Visitors

Default Visitors

My husband and I had friends to stay for three days last week and this was the biggest challenge to our new eating habits. I'm delighted to say that we stuck to THD even though we cooked extras like toast at breakfast and carbs at dinner so that our visitors had their normal meals. We did relax and take some wine and enjoyed everything we ate and drank. Just heard that our friends have now ordered THD books and were going to try it for themselves.

Lovely prawn stir fry tonight followed by berries with cream - can't remember the last time we tasted cream and it was fabulous.

Excellent stuff & well done for sticking to it with visitors - not always easy.

justine in zim
    Visitor

Hi! We also just had visitors and actually I have to say that if anything I found it easier to cater for them with THD than with any other 'diet' because the food we eat is so yummy! We had delicious crispy chicken wings or cold meats and yummy salads with olive oil or mayo based dressings for lunch, and then steak and steamed veggies with butter, duck breasts with stir fried veg, spicy pan fried chicken, lamb shish kebabs with roast veg, roast pork with veggies etc for dinners. As you say, I did sometimes add some starch for them - mashed potatoes with the steak and roast potatoes with the pork, but most of the time I think these meals don't even really NEED starch, they are great as they are and SO much more impressive / interesting than trying to cook low fat / low calorie!!!!!

Fantastic. Can I come and stay ay your house. Foods sound fabulous.

I'm not a great cook - but IMO my meals have way more flavour than non Harcombe people's places that I go to.
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

I find it so easy to make food for other people - I quite often find that I offer them the carby "extras" and they just say "no it's fine, I'm happy to have what you're having!" (That's because it's the best bit of the meal! lol!)

We made lots of lovely food that kept to THD Phase 2 but we added extras for guests - carbs and desserts. Our test was to ignore them and we passed. Thank you Zoe for this wonderful eating regime.