Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blitz Day 3 - No TV

Grew up without TV, never had TV - don't know what you are all on about...

But I must admit I find it difficult to go to bed without just checking my emails first.

Ghent, Belgium (born USA - UK nationalilty through marriage)

[QUOTE=sjc;267322]I went off quite easily, but was awake and too hot again between 2 and 4am - getting really fed up with this![/QUOTE]

Same here. I dell asleep really easily around 10.30 but woke for no reason at 3am and found it hard to get back to sleep which of course I did hald an hour before I had to get up at 5.30. grrrr Might have to try out some melatonin.

Aquarius
    Visitor

I turned my light out at 10.30 instead of 11 and fell asleep quickly as I was very tired. But we were awake at midnight and I was very restless and hot after that

[QUOTE=Priscilla;267339]Same here. I dell asleep really easily around 10.30 but woke for no reason at 3am and found it hard to get back to sleep which of course I did hald an hour before I had to get up at 5.30. grrrr Might have to try out some melatonin.[/QUOTE]

I hate it when I have to be up early and i can't sleep - keep looking at the clock and counting down.

I would love to try some melatonin too - and I think it could help OH who is an insomniac. I would have slept, had I been comfortable, so don't consider myself an insomniac!

Ghent, Belgium (born USA - UK nationalilty through marriage)

It may be unconventional but when our son moved out 5 years ago hubby and I decided on separate rooms - in general we both sleep much better for it. I like to do stuff in bed before sleeping which annyed him and he became a furnance in the night which annoyed me. If I wake in the night , I can't blame it on him now. Probably it's because I use my ipad before sleeping and I know that's not good for us.

My OH sleeps in a different room during the week, we both snore occasionally, and I get very hot at night!

Buy a larger bed. We have had a 6 ft bed since our daughter was born (17yrs). I am unaware when he has his sleepless nights and he is oblivious to mine. It works really well and occasionally we meet in the middle!

[QUOTE=karencatcat;267839]Buy a larger bed. We have had a 6 ft bed since our daughter was born (17yrs). I am unaware when he has his sleepless nights and he is oblivious to mine. It works really well and occasionally we meet in the middle![/QUOTE]

+1 for this!! We have a wonderfully big bed - so big that even if we've had a tiff we can still share, lol!! The only problem is that it is difficult to downsize when we go to stay with relatives, who usually have (by comparison) teeny double beds!