Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Blitz - Day 5

Ghent, Belgium (born USA - UK nationalilty through marriage)

Default The Blitz - Day 5

Day 5

So here we are at the end of the first working Blitz week. Although I feel as if my tum is a bit flatter and I don't feel bloated I can only give myself a 5/10 for yesterday.

I had planned my Blitz on phase 2 without cheating. That I achieved. I planned to walk at least an hour a day, that I achieved. I planned not to snack - that was where I failed yesterday. I know I shouldn't, and I know I shouldn't snack on cheese!

As I had done my second walk at lunchtime I thought I didn't need to do it in the evening as Thursday evening is our night to catch up on "The Apprentice". Main programme before dinner with Darragh O'Brien after dinner. During the main programme I snacked on red pepper slices dipped in THD friendly tzaziki (sp?) and after dinner I snacked on cheese for dessert.

I am a daily weigher as I find it keeps me on track and I was having good results since Monday but in one night, I put it all back on again which certainly points to an intolerance. You live and learn! So cheese is out!

Back to walking in the evening and if I can, after dinner as suggested in today's email.

My next goal is to re lose this cheese weight by Monday morning.

Have a good Friday everyone and don't expect me to start this thread quite so early tomorrow! It is Saturday after all.
    Last edited by Priscilla; 5th July 2013 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Changed 'my Tim' to my tum.

Popsy
    Visitor

At least you know where you went wrong Pricilla, I'm sure the extra weight will be gone before you know it.

I'm giving myself a 9 for yesterday purely for the fact I averted a massive binge. I feel very proud of myself this morning because I know how easy it would have been to throw it all in.

Today will have its own challenges as I am out at the pub with friends this afternoon where wine would usually be on the menu but I will draw on this good feeling to hopefully get me through.

Have a good day everyone xx

Hi Pris, my sis. As you can see from my posting so soon after yours, I'm still awake at 12:40am here in the USA. I must try to break this late night habit. The thing is, though, I'm not sleepy like I normally would be at this time. I'm sure it's due to the clean diet and today was another successful one for me. I resisted all alcohol at the July 4th party and mentally tuned out the carby foods on offer (crackers, potato chips (crisps), potato salad, buns with the burgers, brownies, cookies and cake) which left me with 2 plain hamburgers (overcooked and not even seasoned!) and some raw onion and tomato slices. I would have loved some fatty bacon to go with it but it wasn't on offer and I wasn't in my own home so, to make it more satisfying, I poured Ex-V Olive Oil over it all. A simple meal, had with water, but surprisingly it held me for another 4 hours. I'm very pleased with myself especially since I not only resisted eating cheese but I was the one who brought it and had to cut it up for the cheese and cracker plate! I feel really good, my body is humming along nicely and I'm feeling clear headed and energized/nourished. I played hopscotch, and walked for 25 mins late in the evening. No morning walk, unfortunately. I mixed at breakfast by adding coconut oil to my oatmeal. I will give myself a 9 for Day 4.

How interesting that the cheese caused you to gain all the weight you lost in one go. I'm so, so sorry and I do feel for you as that cuts down your variety of foods and meal creations. I may have the same intolerance, being your sister. My scales aren't accurate enough (measures in 0.5lb increments) so I'd have to see a major shift in weight to be able to pinpoint it. I, too, am a daily weigher for the same reason you gave.

You might want to go back and correct your typo ("Tim" s/b "tum")...I assume?
    It is said that truth passes through 3 stages: First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, itís accepted as being self-evident.

Hopscotch on Day 4 of Blitz:
    This is 22 month old Claire (my boyfriend's granddaughter) enjoying the hopscotch grid I drew to fit her small feet. She's holding the chalk in the photo. I hopped on the grid several times to demonstrate it to her, thereby getting my activity in. She was more fascinated with the numbers as she loves to count and to read written numbers. Hopping is a skill she has yet to learn. She's wearing her July 4th red white and blue USA flag colors, stars and stripes.

Last edited by Peapod; 5th July 2013 at 06:25 AM.
    It is said that truth passes through 3 stages: First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, itís accepted as being self-evident.

Ghent, Belgium (born USA - UK nationalilty through marriage)

Good spot - due to my iPad thinking for me. No Tim in my life, only Tom my grandson and my larger than necessary tum!
    What a cute picture of Claire! Now get to bed Peggy! Will write later.

Don't know what went wrong yesterday. After I wrote on here last night I suddenly lost the signal! It was rather stormy and I ended up eating rice cakes with butter and another piece of albran cake. Went to bed feeling I had really let myself down. So my score for yesterday has to be changed down to 4.

I mentioned in a thread last night that I was feeling really bloated. Another way of describing the feeling would be Fat and Full. I find if I feel like that, the old pattern of bingeing emerges! It's association with the past triggers off the Sod It mentality.

So I went to bed feeling like s..t. I had nightmares about getting to Birmingham on the train! I had booked my train tickets just before going to bed for the Conference! I woke up this morning very early 5am with cramp, but with a new determination.

I am going to go right back to square one with Phase 1. Just as if I am doing THD for the first time.

I have been mucking about for long enough!

I know I have problems with dairy and I think there is a problem with eggs. But I am going to have my eggs and bacon because I just can't last on the porridge.

Weighed myself this morning and weight not too bad, it's just this feeling of being out of control that I hate. And I suspect there is Candida lurking giving me cravings for sweet things. I am eating out today and had told myself that I would wait until Saturday before the phase 1. But if I do that I just know I will,have another day of being out of control!

So here goes!

Trish - 4 seems a bit harsh! Still, you are going the right way about it today - hope you have a better day!

I gave myself a 7 yesterday - I had a little sugar on my grapefruit, snacked on cheese, and didn't do as much exercise as I should have - just one 75 minute walk with the dog. Today isn't so easy with exercise either - I will do 25 mins BBY, and a further 20 mins of stretching, but I don't think I can fit a walk in, unfortunately. I know the day 5 email is asking us to up walking, but I'm really busy tomorrow - however, will try to walk to church and back (about 30 mins total) and will be bellringing a fair amount (upper body). Also, have village ball tomorrow, so will make the effort to stay on the dance floor as much as possible! On Sunday, I think we will be hedge-cutting, and that will be very physical, for 2 or 3 hours! But I will be watching men's singles final in the afternoon!!

Morning all,

Priscilla, whilst cheese isn't an ideal snack at least it has helped you identify that it does not agree with you. I also don't think you failed yesterday, you just deviated from your plan, not a failure in my book. You didn't binge or eat anything processed. I think we are sometimes a little too hard on ourselves. I'm sure that cheese weight will be off in no time.

Peapod well done for staying on the plan with all that temptation around you, you must be feeling great. And your other half's granddaughter is absolutely gorgeous!

Trish, I think you did really well yesterday given the circumstances. Fasting isn't easy and it doesn't sound like you ate anything too processed. Good luck on phase 1, I know you can do it.

Sjc - it sounds like you are going to be plenty busy this weekend so I wouldn't worry about the walking. I am trying to view the advice in the email for those who are mostly sedentary (either through work or general circumstances) to help encourage them to move more naturally for their health. Whilst I don't do a lot of 'exercise' I walk where I can and I run around after a crawling 9 month old so I feel I'm doing enough natural movement so I don't feel too bad if I haven't been for a specific walk.

Well I am feeling fantastic this morning. I have myself a 10 yesterday as I ate perfect phase 1, I drank plenty of water and I did lots of natural movement including a baby swim lesson and a 90 minute hilly walk. I am hoping today will be just as successful. I love day 5 of phase 1 as I always wake up feeling amazing and it looks like its going to be a gorgeous day today so I am even more happy.

Hope everyone has a great Friday

Clare xx
    Clare xx "When life gives you lemons, make salad dressing"

I made a trip into phase 2 yesterday, I ate a banana, left 3 hours until dinner then had a frothy Decaff at bedtime, only managed a short walk at work so still hanging at the 5/10 area. Tonight we are off to the seaside for the weekend so I am pretty sure I will get plenty of walking on the beach done. Was planning to take meals with me but it's going to be so hot and we have no fridge facilities so I will be dependant on the site shop to feed me friendly food. I am well versed in Harcombe so I should be able to find something

Have a great weekend everyone, make sure you get some Vit D for those newbies it means a bit of time in the sun without any sun protection, not long enough to burn!

Not like I did last weekend then?! Fried my back clearing out the garage... oops.....

However only slapped a little bit of cream on the children late in the day and they were fine!
    Embraced THD - got a way to go yet, but loving it!