Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Blitz - Day 5

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
    Just popping in to say night night as I log off an hour or more before bed. No exercise today as I am saving my energy for two tours tomorrow. My new avatar is me in tour guide mode by Exeter's Norman gateway Today's food has been great - no snacks and no mixing. Loving being back in control of the food again. Just started reading Wheat Belly which I hope will cure me of ever eating bread again.

See y'all tomorrow x
    Like your new avatar. It's good being in in control, isn't it?

Night night
    Kx

Forum Guest

Hi. Just thought I would come on and make my first post on here. Today I have given myself a 9 as I have stuck rigidly to food but NIT been able to do the walking. I have however spent 6hrs gardening - I have huge garden and a very large vegetable plot that needs to be tended on a daily basis. I love eating all the fresh veg when it's ready for picking Had porridge for breakfast sprinkled with some cinnamon, ham omelette and green salad for lunch and liver,bacon and onions and steamed veg for dinner and NLY FIR dessert. Drank loads of water too as it was really hot in the garden and despite the fact that I put loads of Sun screen on I still managed to burn - OH the joys of being fair skinned.

Looking forward to tomorrow's email and what Andy has in store for us all

Mistymoo xx

Forum Guest

Ruthie - I think it must be the heat as I felt the same for a couple of hours late this afternoon but feel fine now

Mistymoo xx

Day 5 done and dusted and a score of 7/10 due to lack of exercise and a glass of cava.

I've been feeling really lethargic for 3 days now - I'm wondering if it's because I'm going into fat burning mode - if anyone has an opinion I'd appreciate it. I'm really sleepy when I get up in the morning (at 8am and after more than 8 hours sleep) and then feel really zombie-like for the rest of the day. Yesterday, after having changed the bed, I could have happily got back in and slept several hours more.

Other than that, I'm happy and it's been easy to stick to good THD food, although the exercise has been a challenge.

I won't get a chance to post tomorrow - OH and I are going to a big concert in Arrecife and he has managed, somehow, to get us VIP backstage passes. My exercise tomorrow will be 4 hours dancing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Day 5 done and dusted and a score of 7/10 due to lack of exercise and a glass of cava.

I've been feeling really lethargic for 3 days now - I'm wondering if it's because I'm going into fat burning mode - if anyone has an opinion I'd appreciate it. I'm really sleepy when I get up in the morning (at 8am and after more than 8 hours sleep) and then feel really zombie-like for the rest of the day. Yesterday, after having changed the bed, I could have happily got back in and slept several hours more.

Other than that, I'm happy and it's been easy to stick to good THD food, although the exercise has been a challenge.

I won't get a chance to post tomorrow - OH and I are going to a big concert in Arrecife and he has managed, somehow, to get us VIP backstage passes. My exercise tomorrow will be 4 hours dancing!!
    I feel the same...desperately tired to the extent that I could have just nodded off this afternoon if I hadn't forced myself to do some chores... Don't know why because I have been 'clean' for a good couple of weeks. It's odd and I would love to know why!

Ew296
    Visitor

I just had a bad moment and kind of regretting things now. My car broke down at about 5 and I just got home (5 hours later) in a recovery vehicle and started off with salmon and vegetables for dinner but went onto eat 2 pork chops and then a cereal bar and about 3 teaspoons of peanut butter. And now I feel full and very sick! I know that skipping dinner at normal time through unavoidable circumstances is to blame for this. So I know it's really important to keep sticking to the 3 meals a day and nt skipping. I couldn't avoid the circumstances. I only had dark chocolate in the car and no services nearby or anything so I ate quite a bit of that too so I'm feeling a bit like ie undone he hard work over I dd over days 1-4. Not in a beat myself up and gonna hit a no mixing phase 1 for a few days to stay on track.

Ew life happens sometimes and you have to deal with the circumstances as best you can. You did well as nothing you ate was horrendous. When you get more fat adapted you might find you don't actually need the carbs (cereal bar) in a similar situation in the future. I would also try to eat real nuts rather than peanut butter. Some macadamias in your emergency kit would be better for you.
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

Jackie6150
    Visitor

A successful phase 1 day for me (that's 2 in a row since I started 5 days ago). Did not give in to cravings, drank peppermint tea...brushed my teeth and used mouth wash. Went for a walk to distract myself. Thanks to everyone for their messages of support. Here's to day 6 (and my third successful phase 1 day)

Home from what was a really good night. Everyone enjoyed themselves and we raised some much needed funds. Feeling pleased with myself as I stuck to salad, chicken drumsticks and ham plus a foray into P2 with a slice of cheese and some strawberries and cream. No formal exercise but I've been so busy all day that I think that counts. So 10/10 for me.

Well done Babs!