Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fruit - 30 day blitz

I am having 0% Total with nectarine, apricot, melon, and cherries, drizzled with Greek honey and topped with a few toasted almonds as soon as I get hungry. I will probably skip lunch, and have an early tea, though! I do find I am much less hungry in this weather!

Stacey - if you're "really missing fruit" I would proceed with caution - could be a sugar craving in disguise.

Aquarius
    Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Alix View Post
    Stacey - if you're "really missing fruit" I would proceed with caution - could be a sugar craving in disguise.
    I think it could just be we miss the lovely taste and texture of fresh, ripe and juicy fruits.

the_dark_kight
    Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
    I think it could just be we miss the lovely taste and texture of fresh, ripe and juicy fruits.
    I always miss the lovely fresh texture of them- particularly fresh pineapple and honeydew melon. I do find both stupidly sweet but I miss the taste because of the texture.

I'm another only on berries. I've had blueberries and strawberries once each which will be it for this week. Just because the strawberries were so sweet that I don't want to set any cravings off.

Just ate my breakfast and thoroughly enjoyed every mouthful! Don't feel compelled to eat anything else either sweet or carby though...

I'm sticking mainly to berries with NYL or cream. Had porridge this morning and just topped it with a few strawberries and blueberries. I also had and orange yesterday. Choosing from low sugar fruit list in book.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanj51 View Post
    I'm sticking mainly to berries with NYL or cream. Had porridge this morning and just topped it with a few strawberries and blueberries. I also had and orange yesterday. Choosing from low sugar fruit list in book.
    That reminds me - I forgot to put blueberries on my yogurt!! Will have them at tea time...

Quote Originally Posted by Alix View Post
    Hi Alix, I don't think its the sugar I miss, its just the freshness of lovely juicy fruit - I love strawberries, raspberries, melon etc but have not had any this last week due to Phase 1 - I wasn't sure if I could have them as they were on the shopping list but the workbook hints that the plan will mainly follow Phase 1, hence my confusion. Now I know I can have some berries, I'm a happy bunny Thanks xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
    Hi Aquarius, agreed, that's exactly what it is... I don't miss the winter fruits so much, but those juicy fresh summer fruits are a real treat! xx

AllyNG
    Visitor

Are we allowed nuts then? I see you are having almonds SJC