Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Blitz - Day 8

Ghent, Belgium (born USA - UK nationalilty through marriage)

Default The Blitz - Day 8

Today's mail from Harcombe HQ came in nice and early today. Nothing strenuous as a challenge. I didn't manage any walks or special activity yesterday as my day was taken up with clearing out stuff at home, going to the container park, ironing, cooking, watching tennis - and before I knew it, it was too late. One thing I did do though was had a first session with an authentic Swedish Massage Therapist! I have such knots in my neck area and I found this lady who is living in Gent as her OH works for Volvo (big factory here). She was marvellous! Pity she is now about to go on holiday and I won't be able to repeat the experience till the end of August but I am glad I found her.

I gave myself 8/10 yesterday due to the lack of walking. I was good food wise, egg and bacon breakfast, salad and cold meats for lunch. I drank at least 2 litres of water and in the end didn't have any dinner as I wasn't hungry. Due to heat and about to be ToTM the scales didn't show any loss but after a week I have lost 2 lbs. I'm happy to keep to that rate if it means losing 8lbs by the end on the month.

Motivation still high. Not had much time to dedicate to the forum this weekend. Will see what the work week brings.

Have a happy Harcombe week everyone!

Good morning all!

I liked that first sentence of "our daily mail" today:

"This Monday, you should be feeling a lot better than you did last Monday."

Too true. Although I've hardly lost any weight (I'm doing weekly weighing), I've had no heart burn and no midnight throwing up of unsuitable foods all week. Hooray! I really do have to get out and do a bit more walking this week, though...

How do they say? Onwards and downwards!

Forum Guest

Another lovely sunny day here. Yesterday was a good day. Went to a boot fair in the morning and after lunch spent a good couple of hours mowing lawns before some friends arrived for a bbq in the evening, 1st one this year. It was lovely to relax in the cool evening air. Stayed true to the blitz and had chicken and salad with homemade mayo and coleslaw. Even managed to resist the lovely roasted herbie wedged potatoes that I had cooked for everyone else else and the lovely fresh French baguette. Must confess to having three mouthfuls of rose wine though - although didn't really fancy it and then ended up just drinking water. By the time I had finished clearing up it was time for bed so gave myself a 9/10 for yesterday. This is the first time since starting the blitz that I have been faced with temptation and think I managed to control myself quite well and didn't even think about the cravings at all.

Forum Guest

Ooh forgot to mention that I have also lost 4lbs. Very happy with this as I have started this blitz having already lost 80+ pounds counting calories but the cravings were still abundant to say the least and I was becoming ever more fearful of putting it all back on and more.

mistymoo well done on the weightless

I do feel better in myself today I was awake early and up and about, a definite improvement on the tiredness I felt last week, not really lost any weight though, but I'm not despondent and looking forward to this weeks challenges

Well done Mistymoo!

Yesterday we went to my friends' for a BBQ. When we arrived she had homemade focaccia and bread, with salame and olives. I didn't touch any of these (the olives were the stuffed oned and to be on the safe side I stayed away from them), however I had 3 half glasses of sangria with my meal. We then went on to eating a lot of BBQ lamb with a huge mixed salad (from her allotment!) and a few grilled aubergines. For pudding she had prepared fresh strawberries with cream. Because she left them whole I had (wrongly) assumed that they were "nature", but she had actually put some sugar and lemon over them. I was the last one to be served and, by mistake, she put a dollop of whipped cream on my strawberries which, again, she had whipped with a little sugar. So I ended up eating half a teaspoon of sugar which, in the grand scheme of things, isn't much, but it's still way more than I wanted to ever eat. In any case by the time we started eating it was probably past three that I ended up not having any dinner.

I went to bed feeling a little peckish, but at 11.00pm, there was no chance in hell I was going to eat something. This morning I woke up to another glorious day, had my morning decaf and guess what? I just could not face eating my NLY and strawberries. So I have packed them and I will have them at my morning break around at 10.30am.

My meals for today are: the NLY with strawberries, burgers with a mixed salad and tonight it will be another lovely mixed salad with cauliflower mash. In the past few days I have come to realise that what works pretty well for me now that it's warm is a big lunch (I'm going to have 250gr of mince today!!!) and a veg/salad dinner. I go to bed not feeling good and I don't feel hungry when I wake up in the morning.

I haven't really been doing the exercise listed on the emails, but I have been enjoying my family and my food so I think I my heart is doing pretty well at the moment.

I must go now or I'll be late for the school run and work.

Ciao and have a lovely day!

Still fluctuating on the weight. Feel relaxed, apart from the sciatica, no health problems though a bit lacking in energy and sleep a bit fitful, could be age (!) or heat - not complaining I love being warm. We now know our moving date and have started packing boxes, planning logistics etc.

Hi all! Giving myself a 9 for yesterday. Food was OK - although I had tortilla chips again which needs to stop even if they aren't too processed & I don't mix. But I did select a salad with no dressing for lunch while out, despite eveyone else having sandwiches & crisps - so that evened out.

Fab day yesterday on my photography course - talk about natural movement! Lots of walking, bending, crouching etc. I was exhausted at the end but very happy with the exercise and the resulting photos.

But...dropped a point because the weekend was a fiasco cooking-wise. The main stuff was fine - lamb cutlets (although they seem more bone than meat) and a roast chicken, but I didn't do any red cabbage and the creamy veg I decided to throw in the slow cooker instead...I went to sprinkle some black pepper and the top fell off & the whole pot went in I tried to spoon some out but my guess is I'll find the veggies are far too peppery to eat So this week's challenge is to actually do some mid-week cooking to add some veggies to my meals.

Edit: after 1 week: only lost 1lb, but I'm hoping there's a lot that's just waiting to the heat to go, as my waist is 5cm smaller
    Starting again. again.

Finally a lie in after a busy weekend at work.

I am giving myself 10/10 for the last 3 days as my eating was on target and although I didn't do the challenges I was very active .

I have added berries in as of yesterday and look forward to going shopping today to stock up for week 2.

I think while it is so warm there is going to be a lot of salad on the menu.
    Will make scotch eggs today, mayo and home made coleslaw. Also cook some chicken all ready for the next few days meals .

I am also happy to report a loss of 5.8 pounds !!!
    Very pleased with that .

AllyNG
    Visitor

Hi,
    Not doing well with the exercise this last week although have been very proud of myself with the eating and have just weighed in and lost 4.75lbs so very happy
    Well done MistyMoo
    I am off for a dog walk now to start my day as I mean to go on