Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Blitz - Day 8

AllyNG
    Visitor

Well done Tess, brilliant

Well done everyone for being so positive about the first week.

In addition to the numerous threads in the club and on Facebook, we've had hundreds of emails from all over the world.

Some have lost a lot of weight (11lb in 4 days was the highest we have a record of), others hardly any but everyone is saying how much better they feel after having a serious effort to dump the junk.

Some of the activities have provoked interesting reactions. As with eating, we don't want to be too prescriptive about them and we've included a range of them as suggestions for things to try. Some are more challenging than others, some are a bit strange, for sure not all will work for everyone. If all you've managed to do is increase your walking, that is a great result. If you've tried a few of the fun playtime activities, even better. All we want to do is to raise your awareness about how you can increase activity in your lifestyle and to give you a few options for doing so.

Keep up the awesome work.

Andy & Zoe
    The truth is deafening, no matter how quietly spoken.

Thought I would be in control over the weekend, but clearly not. Too hot for me, really! However, up the 2lbs I lost by Friday this morning! Too much cheating over the weekend, but back on it today and tomorrow! Michelin starred meal on Wednesday, but will try to be sensible! I don't think hot weather is helping me, and I had a small bowl of crisps yesterday (kettle chips) which I never normally bother about - just wanted something salty!

Aquarius
    Visitor

I am 1.6lbs down since last Monday but my week has been far from perfect. There is very little in my diary this week so I should be able to get some more focused exercise into my routine. Today I will be mainly cleaning floors. I need to get down on my hands and knees to get into corners and behind things. I have bought new gel kneepads as I find kneeling so very uncomfortable

I have just had cold chicken stir fry for breakfast and it was lovely. Have a good day folks

I will give myself 7-10 overall for each day of week 1. Food was HF and we enjoyed trying out some new ingredients but my choice of cheat was a glass or two of wine over the weekend. Haven't weighed as I'm trying not to until after the blitz. Great to have this daily thread as a focus although I've missed a few days posting I usually read what other Blitzers put on.

Have a great week 2 everyone.

Some really great weight loss going on for the first week - well done to everyone I'm not weighing until the end of the Blitz as I know that if I'm disappointed I'll have a "sod it" moment, so I'd rather just imagine the weight falling off and then deal with it at the end of the month. Yesterday was a 7/10 for me - I ate really well, did aqua aerobics, but had a sneaky couple of glasses of wine with dinner. Back on target today, though and fizzy water with lemon sitting in front of me as I type. Here's to a great week!

f the first week has simply been a case of getting back on track. The sweet cravings are gone and I feel like my old self at last. Not interested in weight loss, as I am exactly the weight that I was before I was ill, after losing a few pounds. At the beginning of this year I was 11.9 now I am 11.3. So am happy to stay that way. But just love being back in control with just the occasional cheat.

Good to see how eveyone is doing. Such an interesting time for THD.

I give myself an 8 for yesterday. The 2 points I took off are for feeling so exhausted from too many 1:30am bedtimes and for not doing any physical activity at all yesterday. It was so hot and humid (still is!) and my body felt so fragile from too little sleep that I took a midday nap instead of eating lunch. Foodwise I did well. Breakfast was egg omelet with veggies (no cheese), sausages, grilled tomato and black decaf coffee. Dinner was fish soup, followed by a lovely swordfish steak grilled plain, and some broccolini greens. No snacks, no cheats, no wine, no caffeine. This morning I finally noticed a weight loss of 2lbs. But my stomach is still distended and bloated. Hoping it will flatten out by the end of July!
    It is said that truth passes through 3 stages: First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, itís accepted as being self-evident.

Another good day.

B - as usual porridge & NLY
    L - ham & egg salad with mayo
    D - roast chicken & salad

This evening was our monthly WI meeting when we went on a private visit to the National Centre for Craft and Design. The evening ended, as always, with tea, coffee and CAKE. I had a cup of black coffee. The cakes - 3 different ones including my favourite - chocolate - and it didn't bother me in the slightest to say 'No thank you' So, when I got home, I had a few strawberries and some Greek yoghurt, instead.
    Last edited by Babs; 8th July 2013 at 10:26 PM.