Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Blitz - Day 13

Ghent, Belgium (born USA - UK nationalilty through marriage)

Default The Blitz - Day 13

Today's challenge is tree swinging. Not one for me with my shoulder problems. In any case yesterday I fell off my diet tree at dinner time. So only giving myself 3/10. I wrote about it last night in The Day 12 thread.
    I plan to be back on track today. I am not going to beat myself up for one meal.

Have a great sunny weekend everyone. Remember to keep well hydrated and let us know if you manage any "monkey business"!

Hehe - no, monkey business is not for me, either... But I would sometimes like to have something "to hang myself from", to stretch the back. We always used to do that at home - my father started it; but then our house was suitable for that kind of thing.

I fell yesterday, not off any diet tree, but just on level ground, on the way to the bus. Highly embarrassing - friendly man helped me to pick myself off the ground... First I thought I'd tripped over an edge in the flags, but no, it was my old trouble - ankle turned. Very painful in my lower left leg. But I still hobbled all the way to the library and back. Much better this morning, due to generous application of arnica! Must remember to always carry a tube in my bag...

Brilliant blue sky out there, although the forecast was for clouds! I'll be off to Brechin later to the Harley Davidson event. Was great last year, I'm sure it'll be even better this year because they learned and are closing the main street. Live music and all - meeting some old colleagues - and taking my own lunch, of course! These kinds of events are usually useless food wise, especially if you don't eat meat. Plenty of coffee and cakes, or burgers in buns...

And I intend to get a bit of a walk in first. Being very virtuous...

Forum Guest

Good morning. No monkey business here either as bananas are off the menu at the moment!

Gave my self 10/10 for yesterday. Went out for the day with my son as we are in the UK for a few days. Walked straight past all the usual eating places and settled for a chicken and goats cheese salad at pizza express. Had to eat there as OH wanted a pizza and they do gluten free which he can eat as he is coeliac. Also only drank water so was really pleased with myself as before the blitz I would have had a full blown pizza and wine.

I have found it really hard this week being away from normal routine and my own kitchen but my mum has been fantastic and only cooked foods that are THD friendly. Going back home to France on Monday so only a few more days to try to manoeuvre.

It is due to be the hottest day here today so will need to make sure I keep well hydrated whilst out shopping.

Mistymoo xx

Well I've discovered that apart from citrus fruits and berries, I can actually eat bananas without any FODMAPS/intolerance reactions. So it looks like I am a little monkey. I've just had a breakfast of nuts to prove it!
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

No trees with appropriate branches but we have a wooden climbing frame at the bottom of the garden which will suffice. Hope nobody sees me monkeying about

No climbing for me today as I know I would end up in a heap on the floor I am just too clumsy to attempt that
    I give myself 8/10 for yesterday , my food was good just a lot of it , I felt hungry all day. Today I'm going to skip breakfast , I have packed up a lunch as we are out all day moving dd1 out of her uni halls and into a house

lizzi good news about the bananas , I can't eat them as they affect my blood sugar too much

priscilla don't let the slip affect you , just get right back on track x

Not so sure about climbing trees either, I had all on with my two boy's when they were younger to keep them off the trees.. LOL I will find something to hang on...

Well yesterday was another challenging day for me and I give myself 10/10, both effort and sticking to the cause. It was my niece's 30th Birthday bash in Nottingham, I was dreading the proverbial buffet. I drove so would not get tempted by a beer or two it was the buffet.... Well as it turned out the waitresses kept bringing out lots of bread and olive oil with balsamic vinegar at the bottom normally I'd relish that. Then came lots off nibbles again normally I'd devour those. Then came pots of OLIVES, plain Jane no frills OLIVES so I had about 10 of them. I feel like the cat that got the crème

Today is going to also be a challenge as this afternoon and evening is our Annual BBQ on the close where I live. You can imagine I am normally tucking in to all manner of fair. My wife is in charge of Sweets this year So last night on way back at 00:30 we were in ASDA in Grantham collecting dozens of Donuts, Frilly Cakes etc.. Normally this event also see's me with a plastic stack and store box on a trolley filled with water and ice oh and 30 - 40 bottles of yes BEER.

So what am gonna do now??? I am dreading it really, for some reason I cant manage to drink the same quantities of water as I could beer (Strange that). So I will pack myself off with a 2L bottle of sparking water and no doubt suffer the strange looks for the evening, which will also be cut shorter than normal cos I will be tired by 22:00 I am up for the challenge lets see what happens.

Have a magical day all

*Good * I slept beautifully
    *Bad* I am back to where I started weight wise!

I have stopped all fruit, all cream, mushrooms, tomatoes and lettuce during the last few days. I thought I could get away with a little philly cheese in my mince and onions at lunch - maybe not. I was very careful with the dinner chorizo from Waitrose - it had No sugar,No 'oses' No rusks or wheat in any form.

Off to the farmers market. Hope they have quail or pigeon breasts or guinea fowl.

Jackie6150
    Visitor

Well, it may be day 13 of the Blitz, but for me it is the day that I have successfully completed day 5 of phase 1!!! I feel over the moon, I have lost 6 pounds in weight and am raring to go. Once I stopped thinking about all that I could not have and focused on what great foods I could have, it all fell into place!! I even attended a social gathering yesterday afternoon and managed to say no to any of the food on offer (it was a completely processed buffet- not even any salad...) I just drank my sparkling water which I took with me and promised myself a nice juicy steak when I got in, which I enjoyed with onions, buttered cabbage and broccoli. I followed it up with a generous dollop of NLY.Glorious!
    I think I will stay on phase one for another 5 days, as it is going so well and then will then review....
    Thank you to everyone who has sent messages of support, I would have thrown in the towel without them. I feel as if I have made a massive shift in my thinking and it all feels 'right' at the moment.
    The only thing I haven't been doing is the suggested exercises, so, now I have got the right mind set with the food, I will get my walking head on and start the daily walks etc. Onwards and upwards!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Pass View Post
    *Good * I slept beautifully
    *Bad* I am back to where I started weight wise!

I have stopped all fruit, all cream, mushrooms, tomatoes and lettuce during the last few days. I thought I could get away with a little philly cheese in my mince and onions at lunch - maybe not. I was very careful with the dinner chorizo from Waitrose - it had No sugar,No 'oses' No rusks or wheat in any form.

Off to the farmers market. Hope they have quail or pigeon breasts or guinea fowl.
    I thought you were off all dairy?
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman