Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Blitz - Day 29

Ghent, Belgium (born USA - UK nationalilty through marriage)

Default The Blitz - Day 29

And back to Monday again. The weeks seem to whizz past. I had a very good day yesterday and awarded myself a 10/10. (And still the scales bounced back up 600gms),
    I am horribly coming to the fact that I may be intolerant to eggs. I had eggs for breakfast yesterday and unfortunately this week have 2 BNS tortillas ready for use during the week.

As I can't waste food, I will have them, monitor my weight and try to cut them out completely next week to see if that makes any difference.

Lunch was heroin chicken and we went out for dinner. We walked to and from town yesterday evening as it was one of our favourite Gent Feest night. Our ten day street party finishes tonight but last night was the 1900ís ball. On one square they have an orchestra which plays all types of dance music and then people of all ages come dressed up in clothes of the era and dance away. It's really beautiful to watch.

Dinner was at a restaurant serving all the mussels and chips you can eat, a bottle of white wine and a large bottle of mineral water all for a set price. I had the water and mussels, OH had the wine, mussels and chips.

How did your weekends go?

Mussels... Could never understand how anyone could eat them - but somebody has to, I suppose!

Rain all day yesterday, but I did manage to get out for a walk in the evening. And I actually lost some weight over last week... More than the few grams I'd lost in the previous weeks, anyway. Since I'd cut out all cheese last week, I have to think that might have had an influence! I will re-introduce it this week, however. I'd rather lose weight slowly than live on a severely restricted diet of mostly eggs. That might lead to other problems...

Going to be very busy from this week onwards for most of August - good in a way (work, so I'm earning money for a change), one the other hand, it's going to be stressful.

Ina it depends if you have an intolerance to the foods you are reacting to. Remember one of the 3 conditions is intolerances and by eating a small amount it will not only affect your weight loss but your health.
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

I love mussels

Had a bad few days , completely fell off the wagon after a row with DH, back on it again , but according to the scales , there has been some collateral damage .

I loved the parkour videos and as one of my DDs is a gymnast , I'm used to seeing the furniture used as vaults and trampolines. Might have a go at scaling some of the furniture , but will wait till I'm alone lol

I've never heard of parkour, but I think I've been doing it all my life. My mother used to set us the task of setting up an obstacle course in the garden, and also using trees etc, we had to get all round the garden without touching the ground. Used to do the same thing with my children, and it was always a great favourite. (Not quite the same thing as parkour I realise, but similar.)

Aquarius
    Visitor

I had a goodish day yesterday. I did make coleslaw with my runny mayo and it was fine. Had a pile of that with roasted chicken thighs, drums and wings. Messy supper eating with our fingers - we are so uncivilised

Today I am meeting a friend for an early lunch and not sure which way that will go. So I am not having breakfast - then I can have steak and salad or coffee and cake depending on how we feel. OK so coffee and cake is not in the spirit of the Blitz but this will be the last time I see her for months as she lives in Somerset and her office is moving much closer to her home. So the meeting is more important to me than arguing over a venue.

See you on the other side

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post

See you on the other side
    I hope you're not going to kill yourself over it!!!
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

Well I have been on another challenge.. Went for a week in a caravan in Scarborough. I have had THD Good days and some 2/10 days. The best bit to report about is the walking. The caravan was on top of the cliffs and there were magnificent walks on the "Cleveland Way" I only missed 2 mornings walking one due to rain and the other due to well something else. (No not beer Cider...) Yesterday I was 10/10 walking for an hour in the morning followed by a full day in the garden. (I even missed my beloved F1 and watched it later on on demand. What's happening to me???).. - I managed a 40 min walk this morning followed by Salmon n Scrambled Eggs. See below shot of morning walk on the cliff tops. Good day now y'all. :-)
    Last edited by Andrew; 29th July 2013 at 10:16 AM.

Aquarius
    Visitor

Oh Andrew that walk is fab. I know it well but haven't been there in 20 odd years. Well done - sounds like it was a very successful holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzi S View Post
    Ina it depends if you have an intolerance to the foods you are reacting to. Remember one of the 3 conditions is intolerances and by eating a small amount it will not only affect your weight loss but your health.
    I never had the feeling that I had a bad reaction to cheese in any way - I just wanted to see if I could do without for a week, to avoid developing possible intolerance (as we are being warned that eating too much of one type of food may do just that). I had been losing before - but not very fast. This may have had a lot of different reasons... But I will monitor the situation - will also try going without eggs for a few days at some point in pursuit of knowledge! At least I now know that I definitely don't crave cheese. It just gets a bit boring eating that many eggs. And cheese is easier sometimes - no cooking!