Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter or Summer

Default Winter or Summer

Coming up to my first year and the weight has been going back on.

Which leads me to a question.

Winter or Summer, which do you find easiest following a diet.

I have found the summer particularly difficult, but I do not know whether it is because of being on the diet longer and just finding it hard, or the weather.

I spent a lot of time preparing food at the beginning of the diet and I have noticed in recent months I having been slipping into convenience mode. In particular baguettes and crusty rolls which I adore.

Both pretty straightforward! IMO
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

I find summer harder - mainly becuase we go out a fair bit and drinking cold white wine in the sunshine is so lovely!

But not so lovely for my waistline as it usually leads to grazing on naughty foods!

Ruthie

All year around I am in convenience mode. Hence my signature. The easiest way to cook something the better.
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

Winter, I think - possibly because I'm always too hot in summer, but keep the house pretty cool in winter, and suspect I use food to keep warm in winter!

If I had to really choose which is easier - I would have to say summer! Loads of salad around that is sooooo quick to prepare!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Think I'd say summer - really been very lazy and lived on salads. Feel I have to 'think' more in winter about what I'm going to eat.

Liz
    x

Winter is easier for me. Soups, stews and casseroles, curry and chilli - my kind of food. Also I love winter veg. I suppose it takes allsorts.

Summer is easier for me, lots of salads, barbecues and long walks on the beach. Plus I drink litres of water in summer, whereas I a lucky to get a glass down me in winter. In winter I just want to curl up with lots of hot, stodgy comfort food!

Luckily, I live in Australia so I only have to suffer 3 months of cold weather - spring starts 1st September, can't wait!!!

[QUOTE=sjc;274168]Winter, I think - possibly because I'm always too hot in summer, but keep the house pretty cool in winter, and suspect I use food to keep warm in winter![/QUOTE]

Same here.