Thread: January Blitz - Day 8

Ghent, Belgium (born USA - UK nationalilty through marriage)

Default January Blitz - Day 8

Day 8 of my Blitz and even knowing what I should do, I slip up. Last year a number of people on the forum did 6 weeks on a special diet to discover intolerances. They twigged it here and there to make it THD compliant. Although I never did it, I bought and read the book (can't remember its name off the top of my head, here on the train) but I understood the concept. Basically you weighed yourself at the same time every morning and evening, ate certain foods only to clear your system and then introduced other foods one at a time and if you noticed an abnormal spike in your weight it pointed to that last introduced food as being your problem.

So, using that principle and seeing an 800gm spike since yesterday morning I can be pretty certain where I went wrong. You see, last night when I got home, I discovered an open package of sliced cheddar in my fridge which I didn't want to throw away and so I ate it despite my resolve to keep dairy to a minimum. I am sure that was the culprit.

Lesson learnt.

Other than that I had a good day food wise. Busy day at work which is keeping me away from the forum and I can see a pattern emerging. But I can't complain as I am not being paid to use the PC at work for my own pleasures!

At least I have my dancing class tonight to get me moving a bit more. It is a ballroom / Latin dance class. I went for a free lesson last September thinking there would be loads of single women there to find everyone came with a partner. All ages from students up to OAPs. There also happened to be 3 single ladies and 1 single man. I got paired with the man and the 2 ladies are dancing together. It' since a week except during school holidays for an hour and so far we have learnt Disco Swing, quick step, cha cha, and salsa. I am hopeless at the Latin but it's fun nonetheless. It is still pretty basic as well but at least it gets me moving - part of the natural exercise we are encouraged to do.

Have a good day everyone.

Forum Guest

I too had a gain on the scales this morning, so found your post very interesting. I had homemade cottage pie with carrot and swede mash and green veggies. Could be the stock cube I used or just volume of orange veg, will deffo keep an eye and experiment again at a later date.
    Other than that I ate 3 sausages (thd friendly) for breakfast, a big tuna, egg and olive salad (6 olives) for lunch and cottage pie for tea - thought I had done really well.
    Am determined to beat this weight so not going to let a little incident like this derail me like it would have done in the past!
    Love and hugs Cath xx

The "easy-come, easy-go" Christmas weight I put on is almost gone. Now the real discipline begins. I'm almost at my lowest weight for the last 5 years, and, past experience suggests that my body will fight for every lb for the next little while (I am nowhere near my natural weight, so can't use that as an excuse to give in). I've decided to stay on Phase 1 no mixing for awhile longer, as I am enjoying the food and not missing variety yet.

I too am back to work and my business partner returns from a 3 week vacation tomorrow. The beginning of the year is always really busy as we help our clients set their financial goals for the coming year and set up and adjust plans for saving, spending and investing. I love what I do, and find this kind of "busy-ness" just the ticket to keep me away from the cookie jar.

All OK today - took a massive salad to work with loads of home roasted ham and chicken...so love it when colleagues look incredulously at my "detox" while they "treat" themselves to a diet yogurt. Loving THD!

Day 11 for me and managing well as I'm still away staying with friends as I have been for the last week.

Having a carb breakfast every morning as friends only cook egg & bacon at the weekends! I made my own wheat free muesli which I brought with me + blueberries & banana with almond milk.

Been out quite a bit but stuck to decaf in cafes and had steak with salad at the pub last night.

Drove to Brixham for lunch and had 2 fried eggs with ham and salad instead of chips. Drinking soda water with ice and lemon where ever I am :-)
    Meal out again tomorrow night, our last as we head home on Friday, will probably be steak and salad again!

Looking forward to getting home and getting back to cooking my own THD friendly meals :-)

Still feeling incredibly motivated (surprising myself) being totally cheat free is a terrific feeling.

So many positive posts today!! Well done everyone. I had a good day too. BF: Veg omelet (no cheese ), pure meat spicy chourizo (? - it was at a breakfast diner and it looked and tasted like there were no fillers), homemade gluten-free sourdough toast, grass-fed butter, decaf black coffee. Okay, I mixed and had dairy, but the way I see it, the gfsd contains no starchy ingredients (just whole teff flour, chia seed, salt, and starter culture; after all the fermentation most of the starch in the flour would have been consumed by the microbes - or at least I like to think so!) and having butter is really having cream (without the whey) so I reason there isn't much -if any - lactose in that. I'm still detoxing as I have been needing naps and I took a half hour nap at 1pm today which helped a lot. I tackled a physically-demanding housecleaning chore today and was on my hands and knees washing the floor so got good natural movement in today. Lunch was mixed berries (blueberries, blackberries and strawberries) with full fat yogurt which was slightly sweetened by the fruit on the bottom which I didn't eat but it had mildly sweetened the yogurt even though I didn't stir it up. That was followed by 4 buffalo chicken wings from the store's hot prepared foods section. They weren't battered but there may have been a bit of sugar in the spicy buffalo coating. It wasn't noticeable, but since they were so delicious I suspect there was. Went to my yoga/Pilates class, followed by dinner of plain, baked salmon, sauteed vegs (spinach, onions, mushrooms and tomatoes) and a salad with olive oil (at a restaurant; they cooked all the food in olive oil). My beverage was soda water and lime wedge. This is the first Wednesday in a long time that I haven't had my customary glass of red wine with this meal. I meet OH at the same restaurant every Wed night after my yoga class and we both always order the same thing and so the waitress was surprised when I told her no wine. The great thing is, I didn't even want any! So I'd say it was a good day, all told.
    It is said that truth passes through 3 stages: First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, itís accepted as being self-evident.

Day 8 for me too and still going strong. I am going to stay on phase 1 until I get rid of my Xmas gain and then maybe for a bit longer until I get down to my lowest THD weight. I don't mind phase 1, its when I move to phase 2 I struggle for some reason.

You are doing well Ruthie, looking forward to seeing the results of your hard work. We seem to be around the same weight so it will be interesting to see how you do. I must emphasise though that I am not making it into a contest!