Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: January Blitz - Day 11

Ghent, Belgium (born USA - UK nationalilty through marriage)

Default January Blitz - Day 11

Just a short update today as I am running late and have to get on with my day.

Good day yesterday again food wise. Meat and veg for lunch and dinner.

Saturday is my official weigh day when I actually write it down and I am down to 62.4 kg. so after 10 days I have a 1.5 kg loss. Not massive but going in the right direction.

Let's all keep at it. I have my holiday in Florida to look forward to in just under 5 weeks. I would love to be under 60kg by then.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Good result Priscilla well done. Hope you have a good weekend too

Sue

Forum Guest

Well done Priscilla,,
    I (nervously) stepped on the scales this morning having completed 10 days of phase 1 and discovered I've lost 7.2lb so pleased with that and going to start a slow intro to phase 2 now
    Have a good weekend all
    K

LizS
    Visitor

ooh that must be a nice feeling having your holiday to look forward to! I think I need to book one

Day 10 for me today, as of this morning I've lost 7lb, and that's taken me down into the next stone as well, which is a big boost for me.. I'm sticking to phase 1 till I do my next shop on Wednesday, but I was already following the no mixing rule anyway so that's all good.

The weirdest thing for me is realising I haven't had any coke zero in 10 days, when I used to drink at least a 500ml bottle per day at work.. and sometimes one when I got home.. and I haven't had a binge either, another massive achievement for me. And I don't want one! All this time I thought it was something psychological.. maybe it's not, maybe it's physical because this diet seems to have done what I've been asking the doctors to do for years and years, and actually helped me

Feeling good. Up nice and early, porridge in a min, spinning at 10, housework.. then back to bed early!

Runtara
    Visitor

Well done Priscilla, Karyn and LizS - great results!

I gave up caffeine last week and paid the price for it last night when I thought a couple of vodka & diet cokes would be "OK". Wide awake at 2:00am through to 5:00am. Made myself go back to bed, then up again at 7:30 am! Looks like I need to be wary of the caffeine beast now

Have a good day everyone. I'm not being brilliant, so need to knuckle down to a more focused week. My meals are THD, but not big enough portions, which is making me hungry between.

And I'm one of those people who really does not go a bundle on eggs...

Hey ladies. Well done, you're all going great guns
    I love my coffee and thought I would struggle switching to decaff but have been drinking it now for a few months and don't miss it at all. I do treat myself every now and again to a 'proper' coffee and I do enjoy it but is is occasional.
    I never touch fizzy pop, not remotely interested one of the big nasties I believe. Love, love, love eggs though Runtara in any way, shape or form

LizS
    Visitor

Ouch Runtara, that's gotta be hurting today!! I hate it when that happens.. and it always happens to me on a day when I actually want to get things done!! I set my alarm really early today so I could go and get my parcel from the sorting office (annoyingly, the actual product is in a tiny box, which amazon could have put in one of their dvd parcels and it would have got through the door, but no, they put it in a HUGE box!!!).. anyway, I know that means I'll flake around lunchtime!! doesn't help that right now it's raining so chances of me wanting to do much this afternoon are slim! If it does improve I might go out for a wander.

I didn't used to be bothered about eggs either.. I liked them, just never bothered getting them in.. but I was looking for a breakfast option for phase 1 as usually I wait till I get to work and then have a cereal bar or instant porridge, so I started making omelettes as I could make 2 days worth at a time, and now I'm obsessed with them! got one for my lunch today as I had porridge this morning

LizS
    Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Bestie View Post
    Hey ladies. Well done, you're all going great guns
    I never touch fizzy pop, not remotely interested one of the big nasties I believe. Love, love, love eggs though Runtara in any way, shape or form
    I wish that was me!! I love my coke zero.. weirdly, that came about from doing the Cambridge diet.. you needed the fizz seeing as you didn't get much else! I drank diet coke before that, but not half as much!

I switched to decaff tea ages ago because I was having ummm, "bladder issues" we'll call it, at far too young an age!!! so the doc recommended decaff and it worked, so that hasn't been a problem for me either. I still have proper coffees, and obviously the coke had caffeine, but the majority of my drinks are decaff tea. PG tips decaff is actually a stronger brew then PG tips regular.

Might have to try the decaf PG Tips thanks LizS.

Do try and give the fizzy pop up. I watched a programme a while ago and it was the Number 1 nasty! Your body will thankyou for it. I've never really drunk it even as a child so it's never been an issue. Good luck

Runtara
    Visitor

I used the time usefully, planned all my evening meals and placed an online grocery order ~ approx 3:00am! We're going clothes shopping this morning (if OH wakes up!) and are checking up on, and walking a neighbours' dog. Our dog died ~18 months ago and we're really excited at the prospect of having the company of a dog, AND the weather is lovely today

When I decided last weekend to try to give up caff (have tried and failed before) I decided that I could have 1 caff tea and 1 caff coffee per day, and then to cut back from that. During the week I'd cut out the coffee, so was down to 1 caff tea each morning. I feel I've made a breakthrough today though, because this morning's caff tea tasted weird... and I think I'm preferring the decaff version - hurrah!

I do make effort with eggs.... but, oh well, they just don't rock my boat. No chance of building up an intolerance to them, I guess!
    I'm very encouraged by the caff/decaff experience though, so I'll keep trying egg recipes & meals.