Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: January Blitz - Day 11

I am on day 11 as well, not been that good as had some wine this week. But have lost all christmas weight plus on pound, so not that bad. Had A trying week, as a lorry wanted my line on the M25 and took my wing mirror off, and to top it off he didn't stop. Very scary, but could have been worse as I was in the middle lane. Well, onwards and upwards as it is a lovely day here, sun up and shining, planning a walk. Going to farm shop to get some steak, after watching Jamie and Jimmy on TV last night. Have a great weekend everyone. Cher

Just completed 5 days on phase 1 and have lost 6 pounds, absolutely ecstatic!!!!Headaches on day 3 and 4 were tough but otherwise it wasn't too bad at all. Onto phase 2 now, have just had porridge WITH MILK, it was heaven. From reading the forums it appears people tend to make the shift to a low carb diet, mainly keeping off bread and potatoes, that's my aim for the rest of the blitz. Thanks everyone for the excellent posts, I am learning and getting inspiration each time I log on.

Hi all, so glad everyone is still here and blitzing! I've been AWOL for a few days, not because I've given up (no way!!) but just because I've been pretty busy. This is day 10 for me and I haven't weighed yet - to be honest I'm a bit scared to in case I haven't lost much, so rather than risk a "sod it" moment I'll stay clear for a while. I don't feel any different and my clothes aren't feeling any looser so I'll just plod on.

I haven't drunk caffeine for years and really don't miss it - as long as I can have the taste of tea and coffee the caffeine doesn't matter. I do, however, like diet coke I really miss having one at work in the afternoons and have to confess to having and enjoying a decaff diet coke this week. Other than that I've been on decaff black tea or the Twinings buttermint tea - that really is a treat!

Well done everyone! This is such a positive thread!

Well finished P1 yesterday and weighed in this morning with a whopping 8lbs lost! Sooooo pleased! My darling husband hilariously thinks it's 8lbs of christmas cava but whatever it is thats gone is all fine by me! Now moving very slowly onto P2 with the addition of a little bit of cheese.

Have a great rest of weekend xx

I was unable to post here yesterday (Friday, Day 10 of the Blitz for me) because we got a call that my OH's granddaughter was hit by a car (she was crossing the street in a crosswalk) so we spent a lot of time at the hospital (about an hour away from where we live). She's in her 30's, married, no kids, and broke or fractured her pelvis and tore her MCL (medial collateral ligament). Having to suddenly leave the house right before dinner time without any time to plan (I grabbed some olives and nuts/seeds as emergency food just in case, and shoved them in my handbag as we flew out the door) I was really, really amazed at how I had no trouble making it to 11pm when we finally had dinner at a TGI Friday's. I didn't feel the need to snack at all. If I hadn't been Blitzing, I'd be munching out of worry, boredom, you name it! But my blood sugar was so solidly steady, as I must have been in fat burning mode. At dinner, three people shared two whole bottles of wine! I had sparkling mineral water which I found delicious and far more appealing than wine (who ever would have thought that day would come!?) and I ordered a burger without the special TGI Friday Jack Daniels sauce that everyone raves about, and without the bun of course, and without the fries. Had a side of plain mixed veg. It was really nice to enjoy being "plain Jane" even after all that stress and emotional worry. Thankfully she didn't suffer any injury to her head or face, and she was fully conscious, but she is in a lot of pain and the pain meds were making her nauseous. It's awful, but it could have been so much worse. I don't think she'll be kept much longer at the hospital. Her beloved Jack Russell Terrier must be so confused - "where's mom and dad?" (a neighbor is looking after her) so hopefully she'll be back home soon. Her hubby is sleeping in her hospital room with her (in a recliner chair). Anyway, no cheats yesterday (Phase 1 with berries) and got a good hour's walk in.

Well done, everyone, for keeping up the good work.

LizS, Thanks for the tip on PG Tips decaf. I love a stronger brew (although that's only if I have milk with it, and I've given up milk for the Blitz and hopefully beyond). And well done on ditching the Coke Zero!

Runtara, well done on weaning yourself off caffeine. That's a tough one! Sorry to hear about your insomnia. Sounds like a rough night, but at least you made it productive!

Cher, what a frightening experience you had on the M25!

Gilly2, glad you found us here on the forum! Sounds like things are working well for you. Well done on forging ahead through headaches and all.
    It is said that truth passes through 3 stages: First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, it’s accepted as being self-evident.

Crikey Peggy! Hope she makes a full and speedy recovery!

YOU DID AWESOME!!! (Delivered in a way over-the-top American accent (Pennsylvanian))
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Runtara
    Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post
    Crikey Peggy! Hope she makes a full and speedy recovery!

YOU DID AWESOME!!! (Delivered in a way over-the-top American accent (Pennsylvanian))
    +1 to that. Well done Peapod, and hope she recovers soon. Being young will help. xxx