Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phase 1 - feeling awful

Default Phase 1 - feeling awful

Hiya

I have just re-started the harcombe plan by using the 30 day blitz which is great. I am on day 3 and have been feeling really rough right from the start, I don't remember feeling this awful last time around. I feel light headed, fuzzy headed, very tired - feels like I am getting the flu. Is this normal? Will it go away? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to feel better in the meantime.

thank you so much

Sounds like a typical phase 1 feeling to me!

It will go away - by day 5 usually (4 sometimes)

Stick with it and use paracetamol to take away the symptoms if you need to!

The fact that it hurts shows that all the toxins from bad food are coming out and your body will fight to get you to keep eating garbage!

Stay strong! You can do it!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Runtara
    Visitor

It's sounds very much like phase 1, but there's a lot of virus' around at the moment with similar symptoms. I felt like that leading up to Christmas, and then started on the 30 day blitz on the 27th - and by then I think I had a mix of P1 and a virus - not good!

The advice Matt's given re paracetamol is just as appropriate for a virus, too!

Hope you feel better soon, I found day 4 the worst, so you're probably not far from turning the corner - stick with it!

Sometimes the worse you feel the more you lose so maybe you can console yourself with that thought, I ended going to bed a lot in those first 5 days and this week I have relied on paracetamol and smelling salts to clear my fuzzy head as well as a lot of earl grey decaf, hope you feel better soon, stick with it x

Hang in there Alififi!!! I've just finished phase 1 and lost 6 pounds, well worth the suffering. Headache went by the end of Day 4 and feel great now. You can do it!!!

Agree with all of the above - you're nearly there, don't give up now! Drink lots of water to flush the toxins out and help with the headaches and be kind to yourself. You'll be glad you did this

thank you all so much for your advice - very much appreciated

Any time!

It's what we're here for!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Plenty of SLEEP, NAPS when necessary, FLUIDS, PARACETAMOL, and the passage of TIME will get you through this. Don't quit now! You're almost through the roughest bit. We've all been there. Best of luck, Alififi!
    It is said that truth passes through 3 stages: First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, it’s accepted as being self-evident.

Ghent, Belgium (born USA - UK nationalilty through marriage)

Hope you feel a bit better today. Just shows how a sugar and caffeine detox was necessary! Hang in there.