Thread: January Blitz - Day 13

Ghent, Belgium (born USA - UK nationalilty through marriage)

Default January Blitz - Day 13

Monday, Monday. Day 13 and getting near the half way mark.

I spent all of yesterday cooking and doing some household chores and ironing. I made a lovely rabbit casserole for lunch. Sorry to those who don't like eating bunny but it was really nice and tender. It did contain 1 tablespoon of flour but that would mean only a small bit in each portion. I also made for later in the week, 2 butternut squash tortillas, and a vegetable "pie". (Remember Peggy, we had it once at Miranda's). It is quite time consuming but well worth the effort in my opinion. It was published once on the site in one of the early Diet and Healths Today issues.

Breakfast was NLY with berries
    lunch - Rabbit casserole with BNS purťe
    dinner - red pepper soup with some cold lamb and chicken meat we had to use up.

I am aware of doing very little natural exercise during this blitz. Have to find a way to fit it into my day, but as I get up so early I am very tired by the end of the day.

Have a nice Monday everyone.

You're eating such lovely and varied meals, Priscilla. And you're so organized! Definitely an "in clock" person! (from another thread...)

My Sunday (Day 12) went very well. No activity other than walking in a large store up and down the aisles.

11:30am BF: 3 fried eggs, 3 rashers bacon, salad with olive oil, decaf black coffee
    6pm SNACK: Blueberries/raspberries/strawberries (no yogurt this time!) and 2 wedges of a red apple
    6:20pm SNACK cont'd (late lunch, really!): Leftover salmon and broccoli
    9pm DINNER: Salad topped with swordfish tips, olive oil, soda water with lime wedge
    12 mid BEVERAGE: Cup of hot Rosehip tea, unsweetened.

I found myself really wanting some of those spicy buffalo chicken wings from the prepared food section of the store, and also I really wanted to buy some goat milk yogurt since I think cow's milk is problematic for me. But I heard Zoe's voice in my head saying if you really want something then you probably ought to steer clear of it. Instead I bought pre-cooked turkey legs (they're huge; the cashier said they were fit for King Henry VIII!) and just let go of the whole dairy idea. It won't kill me to go without dairy!
    It is said that truth passes through 3 stages: First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, itís accepted as being self-evident.

Hi all.

Your menu sounds lovely Priscilla - haven't had rabbit in ages - used to buy it a lot from a game butcher in Norwich when I lived there nearly 30 years ago. Sadly the butcher has long since closed

I'm still trying to stay upbeat but of course we have now got the funeral for FIL to organise and lots of form filling and phone calls to do. Mean while my Mum is still in a lot of pain and I feel helpless as to how to help her, especially as I am 150 miles away!

Have had 15 no cheat on track days - it feels like the only thing I have control of at the moment is my food choices!

Todays meal:
    B: Chopped streaky bacon fried and mixed with leftover cauli/parsnip mash, served with 2 fried eggs on top.
    L: Tuna salad with homemade mayo
    S: Fried lambs liver, bacon & onions, cabbage, leeks & carrots

Have a good day everyone.

Ruthie

Morning all - still going strong here. Have now moved onto P2 and allowed myself some cheese but weirdly I haven't eaten any for the last 2 P2 days - quite happy without it! I'm determined to be more organised this week and I could take a leaf out of your book Priscilla and do some advance cooking. I've been taking salads to work but I definitely want something hot at lunchtime this week - need to make some soup!

Have a good Monday everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by princesspentium View Post
    (...) it feels like the only thing I have control of at the moment is my food choices!
    You've been INCREDIBLY strong, Ruthie! And no alcohol to boot! I'm rooting for you to keep making those healthy food choices - after all, feeling physically good can only help you through the emotional stresses you're facing right now. Your menu looks delish too, btw!

Quote Originally Posted by Priscilla View Post
    And I am definitely an "in-clock" person. Take more after Dad who always had to wait around for Mom! We really are two sides of the coin.

Love your new signature sis (Peapod).
    (Sneakily copied from the thread, "Very strange occurence... not hungry, at all.") I see that you found my reference to in-clock and out-of-clock people! I liked how you characterized us as being two side of the same coin. It describes us perfectly! We are so alike in some ways (the coin) but so different in others (the two sides).
    It is said that truth passes through 3 stages: First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, itís accepted as being self-evident.

Jill4488
    Visitor

Peapod and Priscilla, I like your sisterly chats.

I'm on day 10 of the Blitz now so with the 5 days I did before I got my pack I might do a bit of experimenting into Phase 2. I think I found myself moving into phase 3 a bit too quickly last year and settled at a slightly heavier weight than where I wanted to be. I've not weighed myself since starting the Blitz and don't plan to until I finish but my clothes are slightly looser so hopefully I'm heading in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jill4488 View Post
    Peapod and Priscilla, I like your sisterly chats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jill4488 View Post
    my clothes are slightly looser so hopefully I'm heading in the right direction.
    I am eternally indebted to Priscilla for bringing THD into my life! She had told me about it when she had been doing it for a while and I didn't pay much attention at the time. I couldn't have imagined the gold mine she stumbled upon! We hardly ever see each other, being in different countries, so this also helps to bring us together.

Well done on the looser clothes!!