Thread: January Blitz - Day 29

Ghent, Belgium (born USA - UK nationalilty through marriage)

Default January Blitz - Day 29

Good morning fellow Harcombers. I have to say I feel better today without the bloated feeling. It was for me a strange food day yesterday as it more or less ended up almost a liquid diet day.
    I had my usual NLY with 75gms raspberries. For lunch I had brought to work some coleslaw and 2 left over pork belly slices as well as a good mug full of chicken broth from a stew I had made over the weekend. There were a few floating carrots and sliced onions in it. When it came to lunch time I was still feeling very bloated and could honestly say I wasn't hungry. I wanted to have lunch to break up my work day but as I wasn't hungry I left the pork belly and coleslaw in the office fridge and just heated up the broth. That did the trick. I drank water and had a fruit tea during the day.
    Once home in the evening, a friend texted to say he was going to drop by and in the end we all sat down to a dinner of the said chicken stew. I didn't snack before hand and had mainly broth with one small piece of chicken.
    I really have to listen to my body and not eat just because it is time to do so. That's difficult for me as I am someone who runs on rails but it can be done. Zoe often writes about us needing time to break a habit, especially the bad ones.
    Have a good midweek day today everyone and hope you have been successful in your blitzing.

Hi Pricilla - good to know you are feeling better today.

Glad you're feeling better, Pris, and that you listened to what your body did and didn't want. When I'm bloated I feel as if it will never go away but miraculously it always does, when we give our bodies a chance to get on with their healing work.

Tuesday, Jan 28 was Blitz Day 28 for me. Morning weight was 124.0lbs (down 7.9 lbs from three days ago).

Hang on!? What??

That's impossible! I sat in a car for 3 days and 1,500 miles. I ate normally.

Can anyone guess why? Answer forthcoming, after you followers, stalkers and lurkers try to guess... [hint: OH's weight also went down quite a bit!]

10:30am B: Lovely restaurant menu item of cooked quinoa with bits of kale, carrot and tomato and large pieces of warm chicken breast served with lemon. I had them drop two poached eggs on top and drizzled some olive oil over it. Mixing (grains and fats) but delicious (or should I say "therefore" delicious!) Decaf black coffee.

2pm L: 30 roasted almonds and 2 pats of grass-fed butter (such a yummy combo) - more mixing due to the carbs + fats in nuts, but therefore delicious. I can see I am weakening and waivering and allowing this sort of thing back into my daily diet. Oh, I also ate 10g 90% Hotel Chocolat chocolate.

Heavy floor cleaning (vacuuming, mopping, hands-and-knees wiping) for two full hours.

4pm Snack: 1 large red apple

Sunbathed for an hour and a half in the late afternoon Florida sunshine, and drifted off into a little nap.

5:15pm Snack: A bit of cold turkey leg meat while I stripped it from the bone to store in a container, followed by herbal laxative tea while OH drank wine and had cheese and crackers as we watched the sun go down.

7pm Snack: 10 roasted almonds with pat of butter (couldn't hold out until dinner)

9pm D: Ahi Tuna encrusted with white and black sesame seeds, green beans, broccoli, carrots, pickled ginger (wafer-thin slices), wasabi hot mustard, soy sauce, hot red pepper sauce. Sparkling mineral water with lime wedge.

12:30am Snack: 1 small orange

I ate a lot today. I think my body was in shock from all the heavy housework after so many days sitting in a car. It was demanding to be fed!
    It is said that truth passes through 3 stages: First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, itís accepted as being self-evident.

Ghent, Belgium (born USA - UK nationalilty through marriage)

Quote Originally Posted by Peapod View Post
    Tuesday, Jan 28 was Blitz Day 28 for me. Morning weight was 124.0lbs (down 7.9 lbs from three days ago).

Hang on!? What??

That's impossible! I sat in a car for 3 days and 1,500 miles. I ate normally.

Can anyone guess why? Answer forthcoming, after you followers, stalkers and lurkers try to guess... [hint: OH's weight also went down quite a bit!]
    Not sure you answererd the question of why. Because they are different scales to the ones you use in Mass?

So what was the answer on the weight then Peapod??
    LOVE my clothes not feeling tight, Carolyn x

Yes, I'd like to know why too!

Why do you need herbal laxative tea Peggy? I mean I know WHY you need it, but if you're eating a healthy balanced THD diet you shouldn't need it, should you?

Ruthie

Sorry for the suspense but I'm 5 hours behind most of you lot and I wrote my post right before going to bed last night. Priscilla got it right! Our digital scales in Florida are massively out of sync with the scales in Massachusetts. I never noticed the discrepancy before. Unfortunately I know that the MA scales are the accurate ones (and yet I still thrill at the sight of the lower numbers on the FL one!) Just goes to show that it's only a number and what really matters is in which direction the numbers move.

Ruthie, I inherited my mother's lazy colon (auto-correct changed that to sleazy colon ) and I have vivid memories of a childhood spent sitting on the loo for ages hoping and trying and straining and crying. Herbal laxative teas don't do anything on their own so I also take twice or three times the dose of herbal lax pills as well. And they don't always work either. For a few years I did enemas (the old-fashioned hanging bag type) which cleaned me out and gave me relief but I can't do that anymore because I injured myself a couple of times even being extremely careful and it scared me off them. I eat copious amount of salad, have feasted on prunes (pre-THD), smoked cigarettes first thing in the morning (pre-2004), drank strong caffeinated coffee first thing in the morning, but nothing helps. I am suspicious of a possible dairy intolerance even though I feel fine when I eat dairy. I just wonder if it perhaps affects peristalsis (muscular contractions) in some way, or induces paralysis of the intestinal villi...?? Milk is out of my diet, as is yogurt and cheese. I allowed grass-fed butter back, for the good fats and fat soluble vitamins, and honestly feel as if this is just going to be my lot in life. If anyone wants to recommend or advise, your thoughts are most welcome.
    It is said that truth passes through 3 stages: First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, itís accepted as being self-evident.