Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: oopsie rolls

As long as you get the yolks folded into the whites really well and the whites haven't collapsed they are pretty much guaranteed to be perfect.
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Aquarius
    Visitor

mine were like small omelettes. I am wondering - should I have beaten the egg yolks with the cheese or just gently mixed them together. It does say not to soften the cheese.

And what temp do you convert 300F to? My fan oven cooks fast so I also wonder whether they got a too hot blast when I put them in.

I'm having a go at cauli pizzas for lunch. At the worst it will be like a bowl of cauliflower cheese with pepperoni!

I beat the yolks with the electric hand whisk with the ricotta and any other flavourings.

Then they get cooked at 150°C for 27 minutes (fan oven)
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Aquarius
    Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post
    I beat the yolks with the electric hand whisk with the ricotta and any other flavourings.

Then they get cooked at 150°C for 27 minutes (fan oven)
    Thank you MasterChef

You beat the yolks with the cheese ? Then mix in the whites ? I am no chef - I cannot fold food ... I mix food!

In phase 1, can I prepare oopsie rolls if I use Total NLY instead of creamy cheese ? I think yes ...

Aquarius
    Visitor

I would use a thick greek style yogurt and make sure the mix isn't too wet.

Let us know how they turn out Elynerix.

Hi Penny - Folding is a wee bit different to mixing - You are aiming to maintain the 'Stiff Mixture' that you created by whipping the whites - If it all goes runny - they have been mixed, not folded.

Hope this helps.

Oh no now I have to try and be posh in my kitchen *NO HOPE* Haha
    Thanks Mat I will try ....

Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post
    As long as you get the yolks folded into the whites really well and the whites haven't collapsed they are pretty much guaranteed to be perfect.
    I wouldn't say my last effort was perfect but they were a lot better than previous attempts. Still a bit eggy and they still stuck to the wretched parchment paper! I sort of managed to make a sandwich with them but needed 2 hands to hold it all together otherwise they would have just sort of flopped apart! I also find I need to cook them for longer than 30 mins on a lower temperature. Still not a great success but I'm inspired to try again. I used ricotta cheese this time.