Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: oopsie rolls

Aquarius
    Visitor

another failure here. They just collapse and end up looking look cratered omelettes. Next time I am going to put them in my 4 hole yorkshire pudding tin. They won't be able to spread then.

They sound a bit like the Durkan Diet thingummybob wotsit, only that has oat bran added. Gallette?

I made one once. I won't be making another. lol.
    People keep asking 'Have you lost weight?' Fab.

I have had a few batches that go quite flat but to be honest they still work as a 'bread' subsititute- just use 2. Or thibnk of them as blinis with cream cheese and smoked salmon they are divine. Larger ones can be used as pizza bases. Just use what you get in any way you can. That's what I do. I hate to throw anything away.

Aquarius
    Visitor

I used two to make a smoked salmon and cream cheese 'sandwich' for lunch. I would never throw good food away! The other two will become a bacon sarnie for breakfast tomorrow before we go for a bike ride.

smacarthur
    Visitor

Is it possible to freeze these, do you think?

I haven't done it ... You could try freezing one and see how it turns out
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

smacarthur
    Visitor

Hi, just tried these with with NLY. I used a 4 hole muffin tin and baked for 27 minutes at 160 degrees as Mat advised.

Mixture was not too runny which I was pleased about. However, they are stiff on the outside but slightly soggy in the middle. I put them in the microwave for 30 secs to cook the middles.

So yes, it does work with NLY (I used total) BUT....they taste v eggy to me. I think they might be better with cheese. Given the choice, I'd rather have an omelette ( unless they taste v different with cream cheese).

I will try again with cheese when I get to phase 2 again. Just started phase 1 today.

Guys this morning I made another batch of oopsie rolls and they worked out wonderfully. This time round I used 3 egg yolks and 4 egg whites and I made absolutely sure that the whites were as stiff as possible. The result is some seriuosly fluffy oopsie rolls. I had two with prosciutto di parma and they were spongy and fluffy. I think that at least one of the others I will have with whipped cream and berries, even though I don't use any stevia to sweeten them. Next time I make some I will also use some baking powder and cook them in a pan to make them like pancakes and see what they are like. Anyway this to let the scepticals out there know that 4 egg whites work wonders!!!!

Thanks Laura, will try with 1 extra white - mine too tasted horribly eggy!! xx

Aquarius
    Visitor

I had given up on these after two batches that were very pancake like. I will have a go with an extra egg white. Thanks for the tip.