Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: oopsie rolls

Re the eggy taste - I changed from large to small eggs and found that helped.
    Also did them in the shallow Yorkshire pudding (4) tray to get even sizes for "sandwiches". The mix made them plus a 6inch round for a pizza base.

I made my last batch with Boursin garlic soft cheese. Yum.

Nat81
    Visitor

I made some of these today having read a while ago about them. They came out ok and tasted fine, not eggy at all to be honest. We only made a 1 egg / 1 oz cream cheese recipe to see how it came out and they were a little flat so might try them again with the suggestion of an extra egg white. I think they could be good for taking to work as a sort of 'sandwich' as I am getting really fed up of cold chicken every day!

So pleased yours were a success Nat, mine have never turned out right! X
    Phase 3 for life!

What are you doing wrong Splodge?
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Nat81
    Visitor

Today we made oopsie rolls again. We used the 3oz cream cheese, 3 eggs and a pinch of cream of tartar recipe and this made 4 large-ish rolls which we baked in 8 inch sandwich tins. We then topped 2 of them with tomato puree, mixed herbs, grated cheddar cheese, peppers and red onion and put back in the oven to make lovely individual pizzas. They were extremely yummy. The other 2 I added mixed herbs and cheddar cheese to the mix before we cooked it and I'm going to have 1 plain one tonight with my chicken korma as a naan substitute and have made another pizza with the other to take to work for lunch tomorrow. Loving this recipe!

Hannah, my too never came out right, in other words I could never cut them in half to make a sandwich. Obviously I always overcame this problem by using 2 flat oopsie rolls to make a sandwich and it was pretty nice. I haven't had these in ages due to the amount of cheese in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura View Post
    Hannah, my too never came out right, in other words I could never cut them in half to make a sandwich. Obviously I always overcame this problem by using 2 flat oopsie rolls to make a sandwich and it was pretty nice. I haven't had these in ages due to the amount of cheese in them.
    Mine were too eggy. Haven't tried them since! X
    Phase 3 for life!

buggerlugs
    Visitor

could someone suggest a replacement for the cheese?
    As I'm off cows milk, goat is my only alternative and i cant find a goat soft cheese product anywhere

Can you get this?