Thread: JAMES HASKELL - On RUGBY TONIGHT - LAST NIGHT'S PROGRAMME - Nutrition

Default JAMES HASKELL - On RUGBY TONIGHT - LAST NIGHT'S PROGRAMME - Nutrition

I was watching Rugby Tonight on BT Sports with the OH like you do and my ears suddenly pricked up when James Haskell was asked to talk about nutrition. He had a table of food in front of him and it all looked THD!! He then went on to say that you should eat REAL natural food and broke down the table of proteins and carbs. They then cut to the nutrionist who organises Bath Rugby's (best club ever!) dietary needs and he said they tend to eat high protein meals towards the beginning of the week (before a game) with loads of vegetable (he said unlimited) and then 2 or 3 days before a game they will introduce carbs such as brown rice, sweet potatoes. James Dawson scoffed that this all looked very 'old school' and James said yes it was and that it is getting them back to pure foods - no supplements, they aren't needed.

There was a screen shot of Lawrence Dallaglio's car containing a can of energy drink + 3 bars of chocolate and he asked James 'this is okay isn't it?' To which James replied 'NO!' all you have there is SUGAR!

I've found this you tube clip of James talking about nutrition again and I think he'd be a great advocate of THD! Hope this link works?

Anyway I hope you don't mind me sharing this with you (I think I just like looking at Rugby Players!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geYW-...layer_embedded (you may need to copy and paste into your web browser)

I know there is a difference for athletes and sports man such as Rugby Players but they make a great point at the end which contradicts the Sugar v Fat theory which was on the other week.

Club Plus Member

Delighted about real food, but feel it necessary to point out that Saints are better than Bath in oh so many ways.... Born in Northampton, living not far from Bath now.....

Blog Entries

Rugby players are brilliant when it comes to real food. One of hubby's friends is a semi pro rugby player & they all follow a strict paleo diet before the season.

Sjc - Bath on your tail! Having a great year so far

Club Plus Member

Quote Originally Posted by Busters mummy View Post
    Sjc - Bath on your tail! Having a great year so far
    We're going along quite nicely so far - if we can get to the finals again, we have a lot to make up for last year's debacle! Nice to see Bath improving after a lean few years, though.....

Fab info ! thanks for sharing - love the rugby too