Thread: everything tastes so good!

Forum Guest

Default everything tastes so good!

Hi, this is weird, I usually cook from scratch (before thd I did use processed foods, but not a huge amount). How can restricting your diet actually make things taste better? I'm not complaining. it's a very nice side effect but it doesn't add up in my head.... lol.
    Cold symptoms today (mild), still got that slight tightness around my head and tired, but detox symptoms are within my tolerance (just about - I did a double shift yesterday and I was getting irritable towards the end). (Sparkling water does make a difference).
    I was going to move to phase 2 tomorrow because I was missing tea so much (move to decaf and a bit of milk) but because I'm missing tea sooooo much I'm wondering if I'd be better hanging on for the 14 days - suggestive of a milk intolerance?
    p.s. lost 5lbs so far - who needs tea hee hee

Moving to P2 is fine but never choose to introduce something that you've been missing/craving! By all means add in something else that you're not bothered about - maybe a few berries? And only add one new food a week, that way you can see if it affects your weight loss.

Ruthie

Forum Guest

Well done on the weight loss so far. I totally agree food is tasting really good. I cooked a lot with fresh foods before but used spray lite or dry fried, think that must have destroyed the taste. Also I haven't missed potatoes, rice and pasta so far, just been eating tonnes of veg.

Getting back to basics with food through the elimination of processed food that are, generally, filled with wheat and sugar, resets your taste buds. The sweetness of processed food just overpowers everything else.
    Also, cooking with butter/lard/tallow just makes food soooo much tastier.
    The truth is deafening, no matter how quietly spoken.

Forum Guest

I was going to move to p2 after 5 days, but the missing tea (or the milk in tea) is making me suspicious, so I think I'll go for the 14 day complete. I might get some decaf Earl grey and have it with lemon instead.
    Ruthie I like the suggestion of adding one food a week - good plan. Totally agree about cooking with butter yum!

Yay for your tastes changing!!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’