Thread: really miss my cup of tea

Forum Guest

Default really miss my cup of tea

I don't think I have headaches or symtoms due to caaffeine withdrawal now but I really miss the habit of a cup of tea last thing at night or to finish my meal off. It's actually left me feeling quite cross at times. I've decided to stick it out , just to check it's not cravings for milk. If anyone's got any suggestions I'd be really pleased to hear them.
    I had a black decaf tea today with a very thin slice of lemon, but didn't really enjoy it - tasted too lemony, without the lemon it leaves my mouth feeling 'fuury?'.
    I'm currently drinking Pukka mint tea, Pukka Ginger tea and sparkling water - (ginger tea tastes too sweet now, so much so I checked the ingredients just to make sure).
    I'm sure caffeine free is good for me,but I've been an avid tea drinker for about 40 years and I feel like I've lost a friend?! It's making me quite sad +/or cross. Anyone relate?

If you are having it black, then make it slightly weaker, I found that worked best for me, plus I renewed my love for Earl Grey which I buy de-caff for too. Have yet to find a fruit tea I can drink all the time or actually like a lot but the ones I think are OK I have with my fizzy water - make a brilliant fruit fizzy drink. When you get to P2 properly you could try having a caffeine one maybe once a day first thing in the morning. I genuinely find that I sleep so much better and quicker than I used to now my last cuppa is de-caff -I always have my last cup at 9pm.

Have you tried Twinings Extreme Buttermint? I find it really enjoyable, I also like Yogi Aztec choco tea at bedtime. +1 for decaf Earl Grey black.

Forum Guest

thanks for the suggestions, I love Earl grey so, when I can have milk again I'll have the decaf.But surprise surprise today I actually wanted water with my brekkie and peppermint tea is quickly becoming my favourite alternative. It's a 40year old habit I'm trying to quit so shouldn't be too surprised if it's not a walk in the park

Twinings Echinacea & Rasberry is nice...I find.I can drink it all the time...

Forum Guest

I'm a tea drinker too and have tried herbal and fruit teas and hated them. A couple of weeks ago I bought Peppermint and Nettle tea from Twinnings as I'd heard, if you keep trying something, you'll eventually like it and I was determined I wasn't just going to be drinking water. I LOVE it now!

I had a cup of 'real' tea at a friends tonight and I couldn't drink it. Missed my nettle!

Ha ha!! - That is usually the way it works out!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’