Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: easy yo yogurt

As I am on the 14 Day Blitz now (just for a little detox) I have tried the recipe above with semi-skimmed Moo milk and just 3 spoons of starter yoghurt (without any milk powder) and its quite good. Not quite as thick as the original, but tastes great ;-)

Also, I remember reading on one of the threads that Ruthie's stretch recipe (originally Matt's mother, I believe) was discredited as the evaporated milk tends to have some nasties as well as being much too sweet.

Finally, Lakeland sell the EasiYo flask for 14.50 and it is often sold at half price. John Lewis sell it with a single sachet of powder for 18 - so not so good value.
    Last edited by manulike; 8th July 2014 at 07:56 PM.
    "The great enemy of the truth isn't the lie - deliberate, contrived and dishonest - but the myth - persistent, persuasive and unrealistic. Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought" - John F Kennedy

ryn2103
    Visitor

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manulike View Post
    As I am on the 14 Day Blitz now (just for a little detox) I have tried the recipe above with semi-skimmed Moo milk and just 3 spoons of starter yoghurt (without any milk powder) and its quite good. Not quite as thick as the original, but tastes great ;-)

Also, I remember reading on one of the threads that Ruthie's stretch recipe (originally Matt's mother, I believe) was discredited as the evaporated milk tends to have some nasties as well as being much too sweet.

Finally, Lakeland sell the EasiYo flask for 14.50 and it is often sold at half price. John Lewis sell it with a single sachet of powder for 18 - so not so good value.
    Sorry can you elaborate about not using the stretching recipe? I feel bad about posting it now if it isn't recommended.

Ruthie

Hi Ruthie,
    My apologies, but I can't seem to find the thread now. I think Ted brought the subject up.
    Using dried milk powder seemed to be preferable to evaporated milk, as the latter contains (if I remember correctly) sulphates or other nasties. Also, most dried milk powders are made of skimmed milk, whereas evaporated milk is extremely carb dense
    "The great enemy of the truth isn't the lie - deliberate, contrived and dishonest - but the myth - persistent, persuasive and unrealistic. Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought" - John F Kennedy