Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: January Blitz - Day 9. What is the composition of food?

Default January Blitz - Day 9. What is the composition of food?

Why not check MyLocker for your favourite foods - you may be surprised
    The truth is deafening, no matter how quietly spoken.

B - berry smoothie with ccoconut cream
    L - suddenly got cravings for carbs particularly chips, instead treated myself to a huge Spanish omelette (no potatoes) with rocket and baked tomatoes at my favourite restaurant.
    D - Mediterranean chicken casserole with mashed cauli brocollini and asparagus followed by mixed berries and coconut cream.
    So glad I resisted the call of the Golden Starches.
    Drinks water, decaf coffee, weak green tea (one teabag makes 4 mugs).
    Only managed 6,500 steps rain stopped play son to speak. I came back from one walk any had to change most of my clothes. Today the maximum temperature was half yesterday's max and a vast improvement. Oh the joys of Melbourne weather.

Started later, so this is my day 6.

End of my (adapted) phase 1 weigh-in this morning: 2lbs lost. Glad I stuck with it, and feel inclined to keep at it now. Friday night is the most dangerous time of the week but it'll be easy for me today having had that boost.

Lindam, if you're reading this thread, thanks for the nice welcome back on the other thread yesterday! Have been checking in now and again.

Nice to see Freedom Pass her too - we continue to share the same initial target - get under 13 stone!

Hi, I think this is day 6 for me? I appear to have lost 5lb which is a major miracle given the circumstances. Firstly I have been feeling really ill and the only thing keeping me on my feet has been Lemsip caplets containing caffeine (I've been having 16 a day!) Secondly, my daughter has just been informed that she has to move out of her London flat by the end of February - so she'll have to be flat hunting whilst doing her BA cabin crew training and the stress of that took her blood pressure through the roof - so she failed her medical for the BA job yesterday - so that makes her homeless and jobless. I'm pretty sure that both daughter and I are functioning on caffeine and pure cortisol.

So I am delighted to report my major miracle!
    My mind is like my PC screen: 19 tabs open on the top bar, 3 of them are frozen, 25 half written emails on the bottom bar, and I have no idea where the music is coming from...

What a trauma for your daughter. Well done for not buckling under that pressure.

She bought herself a blood pressure testing machine on the way home from the medical, and was back in the normal range within 3 hours. So she's now paying 200 for a private doctor to do a 24 hour blood pressure test and we are hopeful that the results of that (assuming the are 'normal') are sufficient to reverse the original decision. Why is nothing ever simple ...
    My mind is like my PC screen: 19 tabs open on the top bar, 3 of them are frozen, 25 half written emails on the bottom bar, and I have no idea where the music is coming from...

She may even suffer from "white coat syndrome" where her blood pressure rises just because she is being tested.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamie View Post
    She may even suffer from "white coat syndrome" where her blood pressure rises just because she is being tested.
    Hi Mamie, yes, that's what we and the private Dr reckon - hence the 24 hour monitoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindam View Post
    Hi, I think this is day 6 for me? I appear to have lost 5lb which is a major miracle given the circumstances. Firstly I have been feeling really ill and the only thing keeping me on my feet has been Lemsip caplets containing caffeine (I've been having 16 a day!) Secondly, my daughter has just been informed that she has to move out of her London flat by the end of February - so she'll have to be flat hunting whilst doing her BA cabin crew training and the stress of that took her blood pressure through the roof - so she failed her medical for the BA job yesterday - so that makes her homeless and jobless. I'm pretty sure that both daughter and I are functioning on caffeine and pure cortisol.

So I am delighted to report my major miracle!
    Sounds like a nightmare.

Are you allowed to take 16 caplets a day? I would be VERY careful if they contain paracetamol (and ibuprofen, which can cause your stomach lining to bleed)!

Don't be silly Sarah, when did you ever know me to follow rules?