Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: January Blitz - Day 11. Crowd out the junk

B Breakfast muffins aka mini crust less quiches ( yum)
    L Scrambled egg bacon tomatoes
    D Roast chicken, roast parsnip, broccoli, cabbage, green beans
    Drinks Dct + sm x 4, Dcc 3, Water (2 l)

Well I weighed myself this morning (Sun is my normal day for weigh and measure) and I have reduced by a total of 11 lbs in 11 days so far on the Jan Blitz and since last Sunday reduced by 1/2 inch on my waist and 3 (!) inches off my belly/hips !!! Also 2 inches off my upper thigh!!!

Amazing

But now wondering if I have a small problem with Cheese? I now am finding that, although I can eat cheese and it does not make me feel ill, it DOES make me retain fluid and puff up alarmingly and put weight back on. If I eat no cheese my weight loss is very steady and quite dramatic but the moment I eat more than a small bit of cheese I notice the scales go up overnight.

I do really like cheese, and can gorge myself on it if I allow myself but not talking gorging myself here, just having a bit of cheese. Hmm actually the very fact I really like cheese and want it tells me what I need to know. Think I need to avoid it for a few more weeks and see what happens!
    Compostwoman, Cat and chicken slave, organic gardener.

Supermember 2010-14 hattie the cattie's Avatar

Sorry but that sounds like a problem with cheese to me .... At least you've identified it.
    See my Visitor Messages for more about me & My Album for photos

Quote Originally Posted by hattie the cattie View Post
    Sorry but that sounds like a problem with cheese to me .... At least you've identified it.
    Yep! from today I have cut out cheese and even skimmed milk in tea. Only dairy I am going to eat is butter. Will see what happens after a few weeks then slowly re introduce one thing at a time
    Compostwoman, Cat and chicken slave, organic gardener.

Supermember 2010-14 hattie the cattie's Avatar

Sounds like a good plan, good luck
    See my Visitor Messages for more about me & My Album for photos

Quote Originally Posted by Gingey View Post
    Came across this article today. Read the tips section at the bottom. Totally made sense to me.

http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/tru...uscle.html?m=1

Don't beat yourself up though!
    At my current weight (132lb or 60kg) the article recommends I eat a maximum of 18g fat and 90g carbs and as much protein as I want and then drink dry wine, or spirits (with diet soda) in order to experience a whoosh! He is basically having people eat low fat so that the insulin spike won't cause excess dietary fat to be stored. 90g carbs sounds high to me. Sorry, Gingey, but I think I'll just follow Zoe's advice

Quote Originally Posted by Compostwoman View Post
    ...wondering if I have a small problem with Cheese?...it DOES make me retain fluid and puff up alarmingly and put weight back on. If I eat no cheese my weight loss is very steady and quite dramatic but the moment I eat more than a small bit of cheese I notice the scales go up overnight.

I do really like cheese, and can gorge myself on it if I allow myself...
    I think you answered your own question, as you yourself suspected! I completely sympathize with you, Compostwoman. I too am ditching the dairy (as of Jan 1)...yet AGAIN!
    It is said that truth passes through 3 stages: First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, itís accepted as being self-evident.