Thread: January blitz - day 20

Default January blitz - day 20

Two thirds of the month gone already. This forum is really helping me keep focused except for one blip.

Today not feeling great cystitis coming on and the trots (dairy on Sunday and forgot digestive enzyme d......) So I thought I'd plan my menu for today and get it ready in the morning so I can't use the not feeling up to it excuse and nick out for Golden Starches.

B - fruit smoothie with strawberries, coconut cream and brown rice protein. Very low in carbs but it is a processed food - ho him.
    L - kidneys cooked with mushrooms and Worcestershire sauce, mashed carrot and parsnips, broccoli.
    D - salmon salad ( with mayo if I can be bothered). Mixed berries.

Drinks water green tea with lemon, decaf coffee.

Walking could be problematic as I don't want to stray too far from a/loo,

Also talking cystitis relief drinks which are regretaby sweetened with an artificial sweetener. Hopefully only need a few each day until it's over. They are dreadfully sweet.
    Last edited by roseymary; 20th January 2015 at 01:52 AM. Reason: spelling

Hope the cystitis clears up asap as it is horrible
    Compostwoman, Cat and chicken slave, organic gardener.

I know this is UK-based, but have you ever tried these? I had two really bad bouts of cystitis within a 6-week period around Christmas 2013, required 3 courses of strong antibiotics to get clear. Whilst these tablets didn't help once the infection had taken hold, I now take 2 as soon as I get that feeling it's about to flare up, and keep taking them until I'm sure I'm back to normal - rarely takes more than 6 to do it, whilst drinking plenty. Also, if I know I'm going to be in a situation where I'm likely to be dehydrated (I have to fly to Morocco and back twice in 10 days at the beginning of April) then I always take them then. The upshot is that I haven't had cystitis since the last lot of antibiotics.

Ted Hutchinson recommended them ages ago!

Last night I blogged about my good day 20, but I lost it when I tried to post it as there was a problem with our server. I'll try again.

In the meantime, out of curiosity, I researched what D-Mannose was (referring to Sarah's link above) and found this very explicit article about what it is and how it works:http://www.tahomaclinicblog.com/d-ma...ey-infections/

Very interesting!
    It is said that truth passes through 3 stages: First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, its accepted as being self-evident.

Luckily I was able to retrieve what I wrote for my blog entry for Day 20 so now it's up on the site.

As I said above, I had another good day.

BUT, here's an excerpt from my blog...

NOTE: OH ordered a bottle of red wine for himself (it was cheaper to buy the bottle than to order by the glass and the restaurant lets us take the rest home). However, he told me that some places won't serve a whole bottle of wine to just one person, so he had me pretend I was having it too. The waitress poured us both a glass, and I had to pretend to toast him, and pretend to drink a sip! Then I had to finish the rest of my meal with a poured glass of lovely red wine sitting inches from my plate within easy reach and try to ignore it! Talk about a challenge!!! It's one thing if he orders himself a glass and I've got my drink. But to tempt fate like that was not an experience I enjoyed. I didn't have any, and he eventually finished his glass and swapped his empty one for my full one and drank that for the rest of the meal. If I hadn't committed myself so fully to this January Blitz, I don't know how strong I would have been.
    It is said that truth passes through 3 stages: First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, its accepted as being self-evident.

Quote Originally Posted by Peapod View Post
    The waitress poured us both a glass, and I had to pretend to toast him, and pretend to drink a sip! Then I had to finish the rest of my meal with a poured glass of lovely red wine sitting inches from my plate within easy reach and try to ignore it! Talk about a challenge!!! - If I hadn't committed myself so fully to this January Blitz, I don't know how strong I would have been.
    Thats strong stuff Peapod - well done.
    When you point your finger, your other three fingers point back at you.

That's really impressive!

Thanks, guys! I was pleased with myself afterwards, but I hope I won't have to reprise that performance again!

Loads of work done today - woke up full of energy and raring to get cracking Most of the work involved bleach though

B Cold ham.
    L Sausage, bacon scrambled eggs
    D Lamb steaks in tomato and onion sauce with kale, courgette, and wilted watercress and rocket

Drinks Water, dct, dcc, fizzy water
    Compostwoman, Cat and chicken slave, organic gardener.

Quote Originally Posted by Peapod View Post
    Thanks, guys! I was pleased with myself afterwards, but I hope I won't have to reprise that performance again!
    And so you should be - very well done. Even after 8 years of sobriety I find the small of a good glass of red wine gets my mouth watering, so I really appreciate what you went through.