Thread: January blitz - day 28

Lightbulb January blitz - day 28

A very long post.

Well having decided to get serious what did I do but cheat with dark chocolate. The rest of the food has been strict phase 2. Looking forward to weigh in tomorrow as we've had another cooler day so legs not that swollen.

B - smoked salmon, cucumber olive oil.
    L - 2 egg salad plus mayo and strawberries.
    D - Mediterranean chicken, spinach, mashed cauli with butter. Strawberries.

Drinks water, decaf coffee, fruit infusion tea ( hope that's OK)

Walking 8,800 which for the first time was a struggle as I felt under par. The great side effect was I read the article on plate as and all the other links it pointed to and I had an ah ha moment. Many years ago I was diagnosed with impaired glucose resistance which I suddenly realised equates to insulin resistance.

So from today I'm cutting out the higher carb of the THD veg and berries to try to get rid of my spare tyre.

The article on target ideal weight made me realize that my desire to get to normal BMI is most probably unrealistic. That is about 65 kgs (144 lbs). I can't remember being this weight since my late 20s early 30s when still in England I struggled to get to 9 stone 8 lbs from 11 stone with Slimming club, which I maintained for a short time and slowly settled back to 11 stone. Once the menopause hit my weight crept up to.96.8. I reduced to 150 (10 stone 10 kgs) on WW about 18 years ago. Again I galloped back to 96.8 kgs once I stopped calorie counting and a heavy gym workout regime. My next attempt was the HC diet about 5 years ago where I reduced to just under 13 stone. I was slowly creeping back I was up to over 14 stone when I thankfully discovered Harcombe. So in eight months I'm down to a smidge over 12 stone.

So I that a realistic goal weight for me is a smidge under 11 stone or 70 kgs and I intend to achieve by the end of this year - preferably earlier.

In case you wondered I'm 68 in May.

I just wish that I had always converted my weight back to Imperial then I might have been more aware. Ah well no good crying over spilt milk. Onwards and downwards.

Do you think that cutting the chocolate might have more effect than worrying about the veg? Don't forget there's caffeine in there, which triggers an insulin response. Currently, I'm having a little chocolate, but I'm aware it will have go to if my weightloss stalls (and it will).

Supermember 2010-14 hattie the cattie's Avatar

I agree I'm afraid, better to cut out the cheats than the allowed items.
    See my Visitor Messages for more about me & My Album for photos

I read Zoe's advice to insulin resistant people and it was to go to Atkins levels of carbs. Carbs retain water Insuffere from very bad water retention so sticking to the less carby veg for a couple of weeks ( carrots, peas, pumpkin, swede, beetroot) won't be a problem

I'm going to be slightly less radical than 20 g carbs per day

So the plan is
    Breakfast bacon with mushrooms, or omelette, or salmon.
    Lunch I still intend to have in my salad which I have most days tomato 2 - 4 cherry depending on size, red pepper, celery, spring onion, radish, cucumber and spinach or similar leaves.

At night it will always be some sort of protein with one leafy vegetable plus one of cauli or brocccolini or asparagus or tomato. Luckily being summer here the less carby veggies are lovely.

I don't think that's too deprived, in fact I'll be eating well and saving money as my berry bill was very high. If my BP starts to go back up I'll reintroduce blueberries without coconut cream.

All chocolate is buried in the freezer and out of easy reach.

One day at time I am doing it.
    Last edited by roseymary; 29th January 2015 at 03:47 AM.

My blog post is up now. Let us know how you get on, roseymary, with your new approach!
    It is said that truth passes through 3 stages: First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, itís accepted as being self-evident.