Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: January blitz - day 29

Default January blitz - day 29

Week 4 weigh in, I've lost 3kgs (about 6 and half pounds) and I'm satisfied as I've cheated quite a bit with dark chocolate, and fallen off the wagon twice. I didn't do phase 1 either which with hindsight might have been a good idea.

First day of lower carbohydrate eating. which meant no pysillium husk so I hope I don't get to consitpated. I've been taking this 5 days out of 7, and when I checked the label, 2 tsp = 4.5 g of carb. Too much for the next couple of weeks. I'm going on holiday on teh 15th for 7 nights so I'll have to see how I go on the veggie front.

B - Mushroom omlette with 2 middle back rashers (most probably not free of "oses" but cannot find any oher sort)
    L - tinned tuna salad (2 large chery toms, mini cue and papper, celery stalk, radishes 3 medium, spring onion, 2 large), olive oil dressing
    D - lamb steaks fried with garlic and rosemary, spinach and aspargus with butter.

Drrinks, weak green tea (1 pot), water, pot of lemon and ginger infusion. decaf coffee 3, water.

Walking over 11,000 steps, felt full of energy as it's still cool in low 20s and forecast for the next week is similar with next Thursday to be 25.

Felt unfinished at end of dinner as I've got used to my bowl of berries with coconut cream. I'm going to make a decaf coffee and that's it for food and drin for the day.

take vit c if you get constipated - its' much better than irritating your gut with something abrasive like psyllium husk!

good weight loss though - sounds like you have a good plan.

I wouldn't have thought that the carbs in psyllium husk get broken down into glucose in the body but rather pass right through us
    It is said that truth passes through 3 stages: First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, itís accepted as being self-evident.

Supermember 2010-14 hattie the cattie's Avatar

That's the million dollar question, Zoe usually recommends including the fibre figure if you are counting.
    See my Visitor Messages for more about me & My Album for photos

I'll buy some vitamin C today to have it in hand. Took some ordinary laxatives yesterday with spectacular results, can't be good for me, but I'm.9 kg (about 2 ils) lighter so I was rather bound up.

Trying not to visualise 'spectacular results' down under Rosemary
    My mind is like my PC screen: 19 tabs open on the top bar, 3 of them are frozen, 25 half written emails on the bottom bar, and I have no idea where the music is coming from...

I sure had to put on a hustle to get to the loo in time. Must admit today I feel much less bloated with such a good clear out. It was my Village Health Club today so I weighed on my scales and there was over half a kilo less of me.

What's the phrase "better out than in"

I applaud your success, roseymary! Well done.

I just posted up my day in my blog area. It was a good day, but I grazed on chocolate a fair bit (just small amounts, weighed ahead of time to keep me honest).

The end of the Blitz is in sight!!!
    It is said that truth passes through 3 stages: First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, itís accepted as being self-evident.

Does anyone want a post on the first of February for wrap up or will we just do it in the 31st Post?

My vote would be to wrap it up on Jan 31st. Thank you SO much for keeping this Blitz going, roseymary. It has really helped me stay off wine, nuts, cheese, and my guilty vice (sugar-free chocolate-caramel-pecan candies containing artificial ingredients)! I'm looking forward to measuring myself tomorrow and then writing up a recap/summary of my Blitz experience and results. xxx