Thread: Preparing for Phase 2

Delphine
    Visitor

Default Preparing for Phase 2

Hi

I am on day 4 of phase 1 today and all going well (thanks for all the tips so far). I want to prepare for phase 2 now but haven't totally got to grips with it yet. I realise it is best to only add one new food per week and see how it goes so I wanted to ask if milk counts as a new food? I was thinking of making milk my first thing to reintroduce so that I could use it in porridge in the mornings as an alternative breakfast to eggs and/or meat. Then the second week I would like to introduce blueberries so I can put them in the porridge. Would these be good choices do you think? I haven't really been having any cravings apart from a couple of occasions I fancied some apple and blackcurrent in my sparkling water because I used to drink the no sugar version of the squash so I don't think the sugar monster is a big issue.

Thanks

D x

Have a read of this (link is below) and then come back with any lingering questions!

http://www.theharcombedietclub.com/f...Phase-2-advice
    It is said that truth passes through 3 stages: First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, it’s accepted as being self-evident.

Delphine
    Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Peapod View Post
    Have a read of this (link is below) and then come back with any lingering questions!

http://www.theharcombedietclub.com/f...Phase-2-advice
    Thank you, I've had a read and will probably read it another couple of times at least.

So milk isn't a bad choice for my first week then but it would need to be skimmed milk to go with porridge because porridge is carbs, is that right? Also limit carb meals if poss to hopefully not slow down weight loss too much, so I'm thinking maybe porridge for brekkie twice a week then just for a change.

If I introduce the milk and have skimmed milk in tea between meals (I don't like full fat milk in tea), is that considered carb snacking or is the amount of milk in tea negligible? (sorry if that's a daft question)

The link also said berries are a good choice so looks like I'm on the right track with the blueberries on week 2 then.

I would probably leave it at that then for a few weeks and not be in a rush to add in anything else until I know more about what I'm doing and see how the weight loss goes.

A wee splash of milk in the occasional tea is negligible, a chai latte is a snack. In between it mostly depends on you! Yes, fat-free with oats.

Delphine
    Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by sarapriestley View Post
    A wee splash of milk in the occasional tea is negligible, a chai latte is a snack. In between it mostly depends on you! Yes, fat-free with oats.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Delphine View Post
    So milk isn't a bad choice for my first week then but it would need to be skimmed milk to go with porridge because porridge is carbs, is that right? Also limit carb meals if poss to hopefully not slow down weight loss too much, so I'm thinking maybe porridge for brekkie twice a week then just for a change.

That is bang-on! Good plan - Limiting carbs is the best way to maximise weight-loss!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Delphine
    Visitor

Thank you, Mat.