Thread: How long did you stay on Phase 1?

Default How long did you stay on Phase 1?

Hi everyone, I'm new but have been scouring the forum this week so thought it was about time I joined so I could be kept honest!

I am currently on Day 7 of Phase 1. When I started last Sunday, this seemed impossible. I told myself I could get through the 5 days as I would then be able to 'reward' myself at the weekend with introducing new foods. Associating food with emotions (good and bad) has been a long standing problem for me. So I am delighted that I have managed the 5 days and am not in any desperate rush to move onto Phase 2. I have a decent amount to lose (multiple stones), I haven't weighed myself before starting, preferring to judge by how my clothes feel, but I can tell there have been some changes this week. After the first day, I have been surprised by how manageable it has been. I am a total coffee addict and chocoholic, so to think I am now into my 7th day of having neither (with coffee and dark chocolate in the cupboard) is staggering!

So I am wondering how long people stayed on Phase 1? I am a vegetarian, who is not the greatest fan of eggs so it is a restrictive diet, but fortunately I love vegetables. I have had some quorn over the last week, as it's not always easy to find tofu, but have had plenty of meals without either. NLY has been something I've enjoyed for a while, so that has been a staple breakfast but am conscious that I don't want to start craving it, but seem to be doing okay with that so far. Am hoping to spend to time this weekend trying some new phase 1 recipes as what I've been eating has been getting a little repetitive (aubergine and tomatoes feature in most meals).

It's great to finally feel in control, long may it last!!

Hiya and welcome to the forum!

I stayed on phase 1 for 10 days and lost 17lbs

I would always advocate staying on phase 1 until any cravings have gone! It makes phase 2 so much easier!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

I only ever did 5 days. I moved onto phase 2 and the weight dropped off steadily. If you are already on a pretty restrictive diet , phase 2 might just make things s bit more varied. If you stay on phase 1 , start the no mixing rule. That's what shifts the weight.

Thanks both. Please do correct me if i'm wrong, but as a veggie, I understand that tofu/quorn can be eaten with fat or carb meals and therefore the only way I can think of mixing on Phase 1 is with rice and egg which doesn't appeal. I have only had 2 days of the 7 that I've had any rice/oats, seem to be managing fine without them, as I can't stand porridge just made with water. I might start trying to introduce skimmed milk soon to give me that option. What is the deal with carb meals on phase 2 and cooking with olive oil?

I'm not an expert on veggies, it's too far from my comfort zone. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will come along soon. Olive oil is fine for any phase although lots of us like butter for frying. If you've not got it already I'd recommend the recipe book. You can have carb meals on phase 2 but many of us prefer fat meals as they keep you feeling fuller longer. It might take more thinking about if you don't eat meat or fish and depends whether you eat eggs which are s good staple.

Well done, so far - you are doing great!
    I used to be vegetarian for 12 years (Pescatarian... so with fish) but did go full throttle carnivorous when starting THD 2 years ago.
    I had 25kg to loose, so stuck very happily to phase 1 for 5 or 6 weeks - it was mid-summer so I added some water melon to phase one and the occasional handful of nuts and seeds.
    After days 5 or 6 I stopped even thinking about food and could sail clear through from a huge bowel of Flahavans porridge (about 100gr) at 9am to 7pm dinner. Sometimes I had a NLY for lunch.
    I lost a very steady 2kg a week and was on phase 3 after 12 weeks - never looked back since!
    "The great enemy of the truth isn't the lie - deliberate, contrived and dishonest - but the myth - persistent, persuasive and unrealistic. Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought" - John F Kennedy