Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amazing! Thanks for the worlds best roast chicken Zoe!

Club Member

Default Amazing! Thanks for the worlds best roast chicken Zoe!

Much as the title says. I tried cooking your "rotisserie style" garlic and lemon roast chicken today for our sunday dinner. OMG! If only i could share the photo of that golden brown, crispy juicy chicken!
    That was possibly the best thing i've tasted in months, and certainly the best home cooked roast chicken!
    I'm cooking up the bones and left over gravy for some tasty broth as we speak.

So, thank you on behalf of the whole family. That one chicken should be mandatory as a recipe. It would convert anyone to THD!

Thanks Kira. I'll happily take the credit for that one ;-)
    Glad you enjoyed it.
    The truth is deafening, no matter how quietly spoken.

Club Member

Then thank you Andy. It was awesome!

I'm planning on making that soon. I have a lovely, large, organic, humanely-raised chicken in my freezer. Next time OH wants to stay home for dinner I'm going to make this!
    It is said that truth passes through 3 stages: First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, itís accepted as being self-evident.

Peggy, maybe those smells would appeal to him? I thought everyone loves the smell of roasting chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by sarapriestley View Post
    Peggy, maybe those smells would appeal to him? I thought everyone loves the smell of roasting chicken.
    No, OH doesn't like food smells permeating the house. Period!
    It is said that truth passes through 3 stages: First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, itís accepted as being self-evident.

I've never had a bad recipe from that book - the roasted rib of beef is the latest one I tried & it was divine!
    Endorsing Curry for Breakfast since 2011

Hi Kira
    That's my absolute fave too! Has been since Andy invented it earlier on this year. We do it with a couple of chicken breasts on the bone. Andy pops them in the aga for a couple of hours in the winter or the oven in the summer. The browning off at the end (as you've worked out!) is the best bit. My fave addition is - he does stir fry veg in the wok (normal - fried with a dash of olive oil) and then he serves the chicken and stir fry in a pasta bowl (got to use them somehow!) and pours the juices from the tin foil over the chicken and stir fry. The veg then gets infused with lemon, garlic and chicken juices and it becomes as rich as you can imagine! I could have this every night but we do mix it up with different fish and meats to get nutritional variety :-)

Glad you liked it!
    Bye for now - Zoe
    "Those who are enlightened before the others are condemned to pursue that light in spite of others." Christopher Columbus ("1492")

SuzieW
    Visitor

Which book is this in? I've looked through mine but can't see it.

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuzieW View Post
    Which book is this in? I've looked through mine but can't see it.
    It is in Stop counting. Recipe is called Roast chicken with garlic and lemon. Page 294!