Thread: Summer/Winter Blitz - Day 13

Default Summer/Winter Blitz - Day 13

Happy Saturday, everyone.

Saturday is the getting the household chores done here so it's cleaning, cooking, shopping and gardening for us today. All good natural activities to keep us moving.

What are you guys up to today?

Hope it's a good one, whatever you're doing.

A&Z
    The truth is deafening, no matter how quietly spoken.

Remar
    Visitor

Morning Andy and Zoe! Morning all! Saturday to me is a regular working day - although I dont do admin on a Saturday - I get to enjoy my visitor centre - not in the kitchen - but out front doing what I do best - meeting people and chatting - helping out with the girls with tables and sales - its s buzz in summer - love it when we are busy and I never sit down the entire day so always on the move.
    I am stuck just now (again) BUT - I feel slimmer so I am seriously thinking of throwing my stupid scales in the bin! If I steady myself as I step on them I am round 5lbs lighter than if I jump straight on them - I dont know what to think. Might see if local chemist does a weigh in as Im fed up second guessing our scales.
    Anyway - work to do and feeling good - perfect day for us at work - not too hot that people go to the beach - and warm enough to fancy a day out
    Keeps the till rolling
    Have a good day

Morning Zoe & Andy! Matt's away in Hungary at the moment with a school band & this is my only day of his week away with no plans.

I'm going to wait until the post arrives (to see if i've won anything today haha!) and then i'll load them both on to the buggy & go on a long walk over to the big playground on the Alban Way & let Lucy run around for a bit, then maybe get the paddling pool out this afternoon.

Already had bacon & eggs for breakfast, planning on a tuna salad for lunch & chicken in a tomato & veg sauce with some spiralised courgette for dinner.

Have a great day everyone!
    Endorsing Curry for Breakfast since 2011

Morning everyone, Saturday for me is a lie in (I've just got up), food shopping, long dog walk and tidying the house day. By tidying I mean putting away some of the stuff that I've scattered and dumped around the house over the last working week so my lovely OH can clean it. Weight wise I could be anywhere from 12:10 to 12:6 today - the scale has given me every reading from 12:10 to 12:6 - so I've done my scattergraph and am proudly announcing 12:6! On this basis I could be 13:0 tomorrow... But tomorrow is another day and today is day 13 of being exceptionally disciplined food wise. I've learnt a huge amount from Zoe's posts over the last few days - so some of this evening when OH is watching the Shed Channel (it's a small sacrifice on my part for such a wonderful man) I will be re-reading ALL of Zoe's posts this week.

Felt a bit sad and nostalgic first thing this morning (10:30am that is!) when I remembered that all of my teens I was 7:12, all of my 20's I hovered between 8:3 and 8:6, all of my 30's I was 9:2. And I never dieted, it just was what I was. Then along came WW and I decided I'd like to get back down to what I weighed in my 20's before my daughter arrived - and that's when the yo yoing started. So I'm half way to hell and happiness. I've been 2.5 stone heavier than I currently am, and I've been 4.5 stone lighter than I currently am. I'm aiming to lose 2 stone by this time next year.

*happiness. I know full well that being thinner doesn't equate to being happy. But I would have a bit more self respect and enjoy my wardrobe stuffed with lovely clothes more if I could get into said lovely clothes xx

Remar
    Visitor

So - my blitz day 13 has been a chosen cheat night - and hopefully not too bad a cheat:
    Brunch : Tiger prawns stir fried in chili, fresh garlic, grated ginger and lemon oil and salad
    Dinner - chinese takeaway - crispy aromatic duck - threw the pancakes in bin - ate a third of the salad which was really nice - and kept the sauce to the side just dipping the odd bit of duck in - was really really tasty and for sure it was mostly THD friendly - I would have this again perhaps once a month as a treat.
    Had two large glasses of red wine but didnt finish the second glass
    and four squares of 100% chocolate - first time choco in ages -
    decafe now and I feel I have had a nice cheat day without going too far off the rails ..
    R x

So so proud of myself today.
    Went to a 50th birthday party and knowing that there probably wouldn't be much real food on offer decided to have a late lunch of chicken wings and a few meat balls that I made for my OH.
    I was right about the food. I had some salmon( it was smoked but better the sausage rolls etc on offer), salad, peppers, I looked at the pudding then decided just to have a few strawberries with my salad so I wouldn't be tempted to go back for pud later. even by passed the birthday cake and the world didn't end. Had a lovely time, I even go a couple of kisses from Elvis lol.
    This is the first time I've not caved in at a social gathering. Wasn't even tempted when my friend ate lemon drizzle gateaux in front of me. I didn't care at all.
    Last edited by Jenrenn; 12th July 2015 at 01:20 PM.

I had a lovely day accompanying OH around the golf course (in a cart - 9 holes, just him playing) on a warm and sunny day on Cape Cod. We're now back in our regular house. Details in my blog post for today.

Well done everyone! Day 14 coming up...
    It is said that truth passes through 3 stages: First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, itís accepted as being self-evident.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenrenn View Post
    So so proud of myself today.
    So you should be, that's brilliant!

Creative girl
    Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Peapod View Post
    I had a lovely day accompanying OH around the golf course (in a cart - 9 holes, just him playing) on a warm and sunny day on Cape Cod. We're now back in our regular house. Details in my blog post for today.

Well done everyone! Day 14 coming up...
    Hi peapod, do you live in Cape Cod? I had my honeymoon there 6 years ago it was such a lovely place! I especially liked Provincetown

Hi Jen, I'm delighted for you, well done that woman! Xx