Thread: Phase 2 meat marinade/rub ideas?

Imogenbrickman
    Visitor

Default Phase 2 meat marinade/rub ideas?

Hello!

Does anyone have any good suggestions for meat marinades and rubs? Getting frustrated with how many marinade/rubs contain sugar/honey, so thought I'd start a thread here for everyone to share recipes incase anyone else is running into the same problem.

So far, my favourite THD marinades/rubs are as follows (mixture of P1 & P2):

My family have always loved chicken and bacon stir fried and then lemon rind, juice, tarragon and black pepper added for a couple of minutes at the end of the cooking time.

Jenny Wren
    Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Mamie View Post
    My family have always loved chicken and bacon stir fried and then lemon rind, juice, tarragon and black pepper added for a couple of minutes at the end of the cooking time.
    Ooh! Mamie, just found your post above from last summer for a chicken & bacon stir fry with lemon rind, juice and tarragon added - yum!! Will give that one a go this week.

We have it a lot. It's quicker than a take away even.

Jenny Wren what date was the chicken and bacon stir fry under please, have had a quick look but can't find it.

I don't think I ever wrote it as a formal recipe but i usually use skinless chicken breast or thigh meat diced, about a a slice of bacon per person chopped, stir fry together till almost cooked them add zest of a lemon with about half of the juice, lots of black pepper and about a tablespoon dried tarragon. You can judge vary quantities to taste. I don't think it needs salt because of the bacon but you might think it needs some.

Thanks Mamie, will give it a go during the week.

Jenny Wren
    Visitor

I was going to say July 2015, Tilly, but Mamie's beaten me to posting the recipe. Enjoy...

May need to try this...

I've noticed this too about a lot of rubs containing sugar. I got some Chinese 5 spice powder from Morrisons which went really well with pork belly. No sugar in it.