Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nutribullet

Default Nutribullet

Hi,

I have just bought a Nutribullet primarily for my son and hubby, just wondered if anyone knows if there are any 'recipes' that are Harcombe friendly that I could use?

Thanks x

Hi Lolly, I'm not a Nutribullet user - so just bumping this up in case others can help?
    My mind is like my PC screen: 19 tabs open on the top bar, 3 of them are frozen, 25 half written emails on the bottom bar, and I have no idea where the music is coming from...

Tend to prefer my food whole as it looks better on the plate and tastes good!

Don't forget fruit is just sugar in another form. Also with no chewing involved you may not get the enzymes? from your saliva to start the digestive process. So it depends what you want to blitz.

SuzieW
    Visitor

Hello fellow Bedfordshirerere - can't comment on the nutri as I'm not a juicer. Someone will show up who is

I think you can use it for pestos and salsas at least.

I have a Froothie, which is like a nutribullet, but traditional blender shaped (it also heats via friction, does the bullet?). I use mostly for soups and sauces.

Mostly phase 2 stuff, but you can make a really good bns soup just with roasted BNS, water and seasoning.

I make a nice curry sauce by quartering and simmering an onion with seasoning, then blitz the onion, seasoned cooking water and a little tomato puree.

In phase 2 you could also make ice cream: freeze your berries on trays, then blitz with cream (and a little cream cheese).

I make a blue cheese sauce from the fab book "The Art and Science of Low Carb Performance" by Phinney and Volek.

My advice would be start with the recipes that come with it and see if you can Harcombe-ise them. Also check many of the Vitamix recipes (the machine they sell at all the shows). Part of Harcombising is that look at how you do keep whole foods too - so things like blitz a few berries into some nly, then stir through toasted oats for breakfast. (As an side, what's good for you is also good for husband and son, regardless of weight.)

There are loads of fun things you can do. Please tell us what you find.
    Find what works for your body. Don't cheat yourself too often or too much.

Thanks folks - some good ideas there!

hi
    I have a nutribullet and in summer mostly use it to make quick ice cream (banana or berries and cream)
    in winter I use mine for making sauces before cooking mostly. soups I tend to do in a pan on the hob.

Jenny Wren
    Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by sarapriestley View Post
    Mostly phase 2 stuff, but you can make a really good bns soup just with roasted BNS, water and seasoning.
    I make a blue cheese sauce from the fab book "The Art and Science of Low Carb Performance" by Phinney and Volek.
    I'd be interested in a link, if you have one, for the blue cheese sauce pls? I ate some blue cheese in broken pieces with some roast beef last night for supper.

BNS soup - is it ok with an onion, red pepper roasted, and garlic and ginger; before blitzing with a hand blender, creating a soup?