Thread: Hungry before lunch!

Default Hungry before lunch!

Dear all, excited about the blitz tomorrow....some advice would be good. I have breakfast at 6.30 ( porridge with water, I hate eggs sadly!) and then lunch isn't until 1.30. I'm often starving by 11.30 but know I really shouldn't snack and try to stick to 3 meals a day ( I do struggle with this). Any ideas greatly received and good luck everyone!

Hiya,

If you are not a vegetarian, cold cuts could be good for brekkie - don't be funneled into thinking conventionally! - Mix it up - have curry for brekkie or another 'dinner' type food!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Hi I have porridge for breakfast too and know I will be starving later this morning , however this only lasted a few days last time I started phase 1 and 3 meals a day soon became easier as I felt fuller for longer and stopped having energy dips during the day. If you've only just started I'd bear with it (as long as you are not about to faint) a little bit longer before you start snacking. I also drink a lot of herbal teas like peppermint, fennel etc which I find helps. I sometimes snack if I'm excercising that day and have homemade hummus and carrot or a couple of squares of 90% dark chocolate (Not on phase 1)

I have porridge for breakfast when I know that I'll be eating a big lunch, as I know that I'll be hungry by lunchtime.
    If I want to keep satiated through the day, a fat meal of some kind keeps me going for much longer.
    The truth is deafening, no matter how quietly spoken.

Thanks all, I think I will stick with the porridge and eat more at lunchtime, I tend to have a massive salad but not so much meat! I think I need to cut back on the greens and add more meat which should hopefully keep me going for longer...thanks for the replies!

Porridge for breakfast then salad would leave me chewing the table legs. If you're not a meat lover why not try a bowl of soup before your salad? Or cheese (once you are in phase 2)

Forum Guest

I have never understood people saying porridge is a good breakfast and fills you up. It always makes me feel hungry and wanting a second breakfast an hour or two later. A protein breakfast, however, makes me feel fuller for a lot longer.

porridge for breakfast followed by a salad sounds like a diet to me!!! i'd be starving!

Quote Originally Posted by Sallywags View Post
    porridge for breakfast followed by a salad sounds like a diet to me!!! i'd be starving!
    Agree with you there.
    Jcapon, try to get out of the 'diet mode' and think the Harcombe way!

I personally also have porridge for breaky (Flahavans Irish - gorgeous even with water). It normally satisfies me for at least 8 or 9 hours, but I do have about 150gr of it!

I'd certainly recommend introducing fish for breaky, if you dont like eggs. I tend to have 2 salmon steaks (Alaskan Sockeye are gorgeous!) and Mat's recommendation is very valid - purposely prepare more of your evening meal and have it for breakfast!

Good luck
    "The great enemy of the truth isn't the lie - deliberate, contrived and dishonest - but the myth - persistent, persuasive and unrealistic. Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought" - John F Kennedy

Thanks, am going to cook up the to and pepper soup later today. Also is it okay to have NLY after lunch and dinner? I also sprinkle with cinnamon and shavings from a coconut block. Is that okay on P1?