Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: January Blitz 2016 - Day 1

Forum Guest

I'm pleased to be starting phase 1 again, indulged in sugar over Xmas and know that by day 4 the craving will have passed. Had only lunch and supper today, roast chicken and veg for both with nyl after supper. I got through the cravings after each meal and am drinking water to keep full, I have got the 'what next' going on, and keep looking in the kitchen, and thankfully I have nothing there as I threw out everything out. Great to know that it gets easier as I have previous experience

Sprouts are tasty nuggets of joy - cabbage is a crime labelled as veg!
    My mind is like my PC screen: 19 tabs open on the top bar, 3 of them are frozen, 25 half written emails on the bottom bar, and I have no idea where the music is coming from...

Quote Originally Posted by Lindam View Post
    Sprouts are tasty nuggets of joy - cabbage is a crime labelled as veg!
    I'm afraid i don't share your sentiments lol!
    Embraced THD - got a way to go yet, but loving it!

Jenny Wren
    Visitor

Greetings, fellow Harcombers! For those who remember me from about 4 or 5 years ago, I'm back!!!

Weighing in at 16 stone (the heaviest I've ever been and hope never to return to!), I decided to bite the bullet and sign up for the January Blitz.

I'm looking forward to catching up with the likes of Becky Gorman, Matt Cooke and Lird Thomas. ;-) xx

It feels so good to be back after a far too long absence! Day 1 done and dusted and feeling good :-) The emails this morning were great and I loved the masterclass one - just right for me as I must admit I had slipped into thinking in a high fat low carb way and probably was eating too much carbs with all my butter and cream!! An overindulgent Christmas has left me far too big around the tum but I know I can get this off quickly. The ghastly feelings I had after eating sugar and wheat were awful - I don't remember ever having these before and I certainly don't want them again.

OH is joining me this time (hurrah!!) and today has been:

B: none for me (as usual), oats for him
    L: 2 hard boiled eggs, tuna and mayo and cherry tomatoes
    D: Home made soup (from beef bones and gammon stock with veg)

Plus lots of water. No headaches yet, but experience tells me they may well come tomorrow. (Note to self: pack paracetamol in work bag).

Good luck everyone - here's to tomorrow!!

Jenny Wren
    Visitor

I've drunk plenty of water today (frequent visits to the loo have told me that!!); and eaten NLY for brekkie; small box of salad at work's canteen + boiled egg for lunch; and for dinner I had a couple of chicken thighs and a couple of chicken legs, plus some pigs in blankets - with half a dozen leftover as snacks for tomorrow.

I've had the worst day back on phase 1! My cravings are immense!
    Breakfast:- 3 rashers of bacon. I didn't have any eggs - well I thought I hadn't until my husband pulled them out of the fridge when he returned from work. ��
    Lunch:- Homemade chicken and veg broth.
    Tea:-Roast turkey, carrot and swede mash, sprouts and roast parsnips.
    Nly and black decaf coffee.
    Mentally I've eaten a box of shortbread, large bar of dairy milk, some breaded chicken and a tangerine? I really wanted the tangerine. It just goes to show how hard I hit Christmas this year!
    Hoping for a better day mentally tomorrow!

Good P1 first day for me:
    B'fast: scrambled eggs mixed with courgette and onion
    Lunch: tuna salad, NLY
    Dinner: salmon with veggie rice
    Karen

Forum Guest

Day 1 was successful - Yay!

L: Tomato, Tuna and Onion Omelette
    D: Roast Lamb with Veggies
    Snacks: I chicken drumstick with tomato stew and a piece of garlic butter
    I'm thankful, and look forward to day 2

Take 2 on the January blitz which has due to circumstance a strict phase 1 day. I intend to do 5 days on P1 then the remainder on P2. Having slowly crept up from my lowest weight on Harcombe of 69.4 kg to 71.9 kg, I'm hoping that a significant part of that extra 2.5 kgs will go. My food diary is here