Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: January Blitz 2016 - Day 2 - Getting the right mindset

Quote Originally Posted by grumbleweed View Post
    I'm my own saboteur... I can do a pretty good job of it. Thankly there isn't anyone to add to it...they'd get smacked if they did!!
    Me too. My worse times are if I go to a shared meal and someone's contribution hasn't been touched. I start feeling really sorry for them and like someone ought to try it. It may sound like an excuse to eat, but it really isn't!!! I shall stay away from shared meals for now ...... thankfully there are none on the horizon!

My children were trying to sabotage me last night with chocolate santa's! My son was trying to make me smell his. I threw their chocolate coins in the bin while they were at school today and now there is nothing left that they can tempt me with!! I've stayed on track so far but feel I am really struggling. I've had a headache all day and my cravings are worse than they ever have been. I might have to extend my blitz past 14 days as the damage I have done might need more time to be repaired!

The only potential saboteur is me and I told me off when all the sweet goodwies were on offer at the buffet at all 3 meals. In fact nobody noticed at lunch or dinner that I wasn't eating everything on offer. So it appears strangers are nicer/easier than family in that respect.

I was P2 rather than P1 not thriugh choice but circumstances and feel satisfied with my day two given I'm being provided with food and they dont speak English that well.

ChristinePatmore
    Visitor

Is normal coffee okay? I find I need to have at least one a day, I'm not prepared to get the headaches, did have them yesterday. I'm in Melbourne Australia so already on day three, have been well able to resist snacks in between meals, only resorted to carrots and celery yesterday.

If by normal you mean caffeinated, yes it's fine, but on its own or near a carb meal, and low fat if you must have milk (I do, and also that's phase 2)

Caffeine has an insulin response, that's the reason, but if it is only one a day, and you're losing weight, that's okay.
    Last edited by Sarah(sjc); 6th January 2016 at 07:52 AM.

Welcome to another Aussie Christine!
    Sue - the first "no thank you" is the easiest

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblymaggs View Post
    I have given all our Xmas choccys, biscuits away so I am not tempted to eat them, instead of Gin & slimline tonic I am having just slimline tonic with slice of lime. There is loads of goodies at work but so far not been tempted as I really want to lose this stone . luckily I have a partner that is supporting me and happy to eat the same meals as me and has his extras at other times
    Forgot to say I started on new years day so 5 days without alcohol phewww
    Apologies if you are aware of this and have decided to do it anyway, but in case you didn't know - slimline tonic is definitely NOT part of THD so can't be had on either phase 1 or 2. Remember to just eat real food above all - artificial sweeteners are not in that category!

Dayb2 take 2. Slipped up as a result of genuine hunger, tried water no good so had a definite P3 cheat - apart from that day was as planned