Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: January Blitx 2016 - Day 3 - Managing symptoms

Default January Blitx 2016 - Day 3 - Managing symptoms

Good morning everyone.

How are you getting on today?
    The truth is deafening, no matter how quietly spoken.

I weighed myself today....

I am the same as i was on 6th December, which is actually quite good under the circumstances, but i did managed to shift about 6lb before xmas. I am just 1lb off 12 stone which is awful - my lowest weight in the last few years was 9st 10.

However i have to be serious about this and know i've got to be in for the long haul.

So, today
    B porridge with rice milk and a splash of vanilla
    L beef and oxtail curry
    D chicken that has been marinating in herbs for ages, roast mediterranean veg.
    Last edited by Sallywags; 6th January 2016 at 10:21 AM.

I'm feeling good at the start of day 3. I've had the 2 best nights of sleep I've had in, I don't know, as long as I can remember probably! Which is all thanks to committing to the blitz and staying off the wine. Now that I've gone without for 2 nights, I think, or hope, it'll start to get easier to forego my own number 1 vice.

Food has all been cheat-free and snack-free, just 3 meals a day of phase 2 fat meals.

Not really noticing any of the classic physical symptoms, but there seems to have been a bit of a release of tension which is making me weirdly emotional (prone to crying at Eastenders, that kind of thing!).

This is actually day 4 for me as I started on Sunday. I've already lost 4lbs. Yay!!! I've eaten 3 big meals a day and feel fantastic. Had put on 8lb over December and was just desperate to get going. I lost 2 stone over the past 2 years on THD. Not religiously, just usually Monday to Thursday. As a previous repeat joiner of WW and SW over the last 30 years (I was a SW leader for a year about 15 years ago!!) THD is without doubt the most sensible, sane and effective way of eating there is. Everything Zoe says is so very true. It works. Why isn't everyone trying it? More people should know about it. Thank you so much Zoe. You are an inspiration. Off to eat big cooked brekkie and looking forward to chicken and butternut squash curry tonight. Good luck to everyone with the blitz.

Yesterday want a good THD day for me it was a planed p3 day as I knew I was going out with the choir for. Christmas meal. I thought I had mad good choices when I chose my menu but it seems I didn't. The stuffed mushrooms came with garlic bread and I know I should have left them on the plate but they jumped in my mouth. The roast came smothered in in gravy when I sent back but I ate the stuffing and spuds (why oh why) and I had orange marangue pie for pud. And a glas of wine to wash it all down. Not good.
    That was yesturday and today is a new day and a new start. So this in effect will be my day 1 (again). One day I'll learn that I don't actually enjoy sweet stuff anymore and I can leave stuff on my plate that isn't good for me. It's not a crime and not a waste to leave it. It is actually a waste to eat it because it will undo what has already been achieved and only make me feel bad. Physically and emotionally.
    I'm out at a 80th party on Saturday hoping I will not cave in again.

Keep calm and carry on, Jenrenn. This isn't day 1 again, you're just continuing. Poor choices at 1 meal don't invalidate everything else.

First time posting! Have done P1 a couple of times, then P2 find more difficult but determined this time. Brilliant support on here - most welcome. Had omelette for breakfast as Pilates soon and other forms of eggs seem to give me indigestion when exercising within a couple of hours. Let's see how it works. Not many withdrawal symptoms so far apart from fuzzy head on waking but take ibroprufen for arthritis so that soon goes.

Club Member

No weight loss so far but feel I'm going ok. After a very good start on P1 a few months back I had gradually increased my fat intake markedly. It didn't cost me a weight gain, just a slowing of downward progress until no progress at all. Hopefully getting back to basics will get me back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJDW View Post
    Keep calm and carry on, Jenrenn. This isn't day 1 again, you're just continuing. Poor choices at 1 meal don't invalidate everything else.

Off to have brunch.

My head doesn't hurt as much today and I'm feeling more positive. I've been cooking food to take with me to work later and husbands tea, (he's blitzing too).
    Breakfast:
    Lunch:chicken,bacon, salad egg wrap with homemade Mayo.
    Tea:Salmon and veg sticks.
    Supper:NLY-I'll have this when I finish work at 10pm as I always want something after work.
    Hope everyone else is doing ok.